Sign in to follow this  
Lets be aving you!

Quality of sports journalism

After the BBC got it wrong yesterday in stating that Cody had penned a deal with Colchester, the following article has appeared on various sites on the internet, including Sporting Life, Football 356 and ITV-Football.

It includes an interview with Dion Dublin. Funny thing is, looks like we all need to rejig our schedules.

"Dion Dublin believes Norwich will survive their first season back in the Barclays Premier League despite their inactivity in the summer transfer window.

The former England international, who ended his professional career at Carrow Road in 2008, thinks Canaries boss Paul Lambert is the key to ensure their survival in the top flight.

Lambert led Norwich''s charge back into the Premier League with back-to-back promotions after taking over the then League One side in 2009.

And Dublin thinks he has the focus to keep them away from the drop zone at the end of the season.

"I do feel that they''ll be okay," Dublin told Press Association Sport. "Norwich will stay up because of the determination of their manager.

"He''s done a great job. He possibly does need more players but he possibly has his hands tied.

"Most managers do unless they''re Chelsea and Man City and you can go and buy whoever you want, but a lot of managers don''t have that luxury."

[...]

Norwich face Steve Bruce''s Sunderland at the weekend with both sides looking for their first win of the Premier League campaign.

And Dublin knows that despite the managerial skills of Lambert, it will not be an easy game for the Canaries, who are looking to bounce back after their closely-fought defeat by Chelsea.

"Sunderland are not going to be a walkover," he said.

"At this present time they''re level pegging and it''ll be a bit of a dogfight.

"I don''t want to say this for Steve Bruce as I know him very well, but if Norwich get a win I''ll be happy.

"If Sunderland get a win, I''ll be happy with gritted teeth."

Not to mention the fact we gave Chelski the utter run around and all the news papers can think of is the Mata goal..........Holt''s was better and Boswinga''s has goal of the season written all over it, yet a tap in from some £25m bench warmer is headline material ?