Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: Man City (h) 01-02

The 1988-1989 season review didn''t seem to show the Sutton United FA Cup which would have been suitably relevant.Anyhow, after our 4-0 humiliation on the opening at Millwall, our first home game was lightened up by a certain Frenchman which changed the direction of our season.Viva March Libbra, 18th August 2001.

I was there for that one. Quality match, we played well. If memory serves me correctly Zema Abbey got injured quite badly sshortly after and our season stuttered after that. And Marc Libbra didnt score another goal? I might be wrong...

This is the play off final season isn''t it? I don''t think we stuttered. We took a few 4-0 beatings that season, but always won the next match.

Also, I can think of one more Libbra goal, a last minute winner at Wimbledon a week or two later. Can''t think of any others, but there might have been.....

According to Wikipedia and other sources, Libbra scored 7 league goals for us in his 1 year spell with us.

I''ve just thought of another one, I''m sure he scored at Coventry in a 2-1 defeat.....

There was his goal at Palace that was going wide until the keeper diverted it in. Not forgetting his lovely flick on the halfway line to Rivers down the wing to cross in for Wee Pee McVee to volley home - against Wolves at home I think...

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]Ah yes, I remember that one. I''ve also got a vague recollection of 2 goals in the same game at Carrow Road, maybe a 2-2 draw with Crewe?[/quote]Yes, he contributed a bit that season. About as much as David Nielsen before his gambling got the better of him.Scored an important goal at Burnley too, think it might''ve been a blonde Marc Libbra that day.