Sign in to follow this  
Superstitious Dave

long ball doesn't work without holt

What a disappointing night last night, the atmosphere beforehand was brilliant but i think 3,000 of us felt let down a bit after the support we gave. Ok its been a brilliant season, lambert is our best manager since worthys early days and i would rather be 6 points clear than 6 points behind but the form over the last 2-3 games worries me a bit.

With no target man, last night all we kept doing was hoofing it forward hoping for a lucky flick and to be honest even though we hit the post twice we didn''t deserve anything from the game. Whats happened to the pass and move game that we associate ourselves with. Without wes we don''t seem to have a player in the midfield that can create and saturday is a very difficult game now.

Personally, over the last few weeks i''ve felt russell martin has been poor and although being a lappin fan he isn''t playing well either so why not bring in spillane and mcnamee. As for nelson, we all know he hasn''t got any skill and just hoofs it but to be fair to him he gets his body in the way and i don''t think whitbread would be fit enough. But doc up front is an option?the last ten mins was our best spell!

I still think we''ll go up because we only need to win our home games but the players look edgy at the moment and without holt and wes we do look a bit average.