Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Norwich - Promotion Favourites

According to a writer ( Peter Beagrie ) on the Sky Sports site Norwich are favourites for promotion. He says if we have a decent start then we could blow teams away. We must have sucked instead of blowing today. Just a misunderstanding in the dressing room. Also interesting to see his comment on Lee Clark and Huddersfield.

I''m looking Norwich as the team to beat. Wes Hoolahan has been in this division before with Blackpool and got them promoted, so he could be a star for them. Every time I go there they are brilliantly supported with crowds in excess of 25,000 and it seems daft to say that relegation has been the best thing for them. But after a few years of struggling in the Championship, Bryan Gunn has made loads of new signings and he might turn them around. He has brought in guys who are tried and tested at this level and if they have a decent start they could blow teams away.

Alongside the Canaries and the Saints, I think Charlton, Leeds, Millwall and Huddersfield could make up the top six - although I don''t know in what order - and the likes of MK Dons will not be far off either.

I have been very impressed with Lee Clark at Huddersfield. He has bought very good young players in the likes of Robbie Simpson and Theo Robinson. Clark has signed people of the right age and the club has an infrastructure that puts some Championship clubs to shame; the stadium is brilliant and the backroom staff is incredibly experienced. I think they could push for the top six.