Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

CLINGAN MONEY AVAILABLE??

Gunn quoted as saying the Holt deal was funded by the rebate money and Foulger, and that all other signings were covered by the previously agreed transfer budget for the season. So as far as I can tell, that means the Clingan money should result in an all new transfer fitty, not to mention Russell''s expected sale. I wonder whether we will see any further spending, or if we will now bank the money.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Gunn quoted as saying the Holt deal was funded by the rebate money and Foulger, and that all other signings were covered by the previously agreed transfer budget for the season. So as far as I can tell, that means the Clingan money should result in an all new transfer fitty, not to mention Russell''s expected sale. I wonder whether we will see any further spending, or if we will now bank the money.[/quote]With the exception of another striker, I think we''re largely good to go. I think it''s important that the money is given to Gunn to spend, but I personally would hope he keeps it banked for January.

...and by transfer "fitty" obviously mean transfer kitty, and that''s what I get for posting at quarter to 1 in the morning!

[quote user="TheCardinal"][quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Gunn quoted as saying the Holt deal was funded by the rebate money and Foulger, and that all other signings were covered by the previously agreed transfer budget for the season. So as far as I can tell, that means the Clingan money should result in an all new transfer fitty, not to mention Russell''s expected sale. I wonder whether we will see any further spending, or if we will now bank the money.[/quote]With the exception of another striker, I think we''re largely good to go. I think it''s important that the money is given to Gunn to spend, but I personally would hope he keeps it banked for January. [/quote]I agree sir, and I glad we interpret it the same way. I do woner though, whether the Adomah thing might be revisited. Would seem to follow Gunn''s pattern so far of having a youth and experienced option for each position.