Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Injuries and suspensions

Has anyone else noticed how some of our fellow basement-occupiers are beginning to suffer from injuries or suspensions, or both?  Take Southampton, for instance, they have Beattie out for six weeks and now Crouchy with a crocked knee.  (I can sympathise with him!)  They also cannot recall Ormerod from Leeds until he''s been there a month, which he hasn''t yet.  Then take Fulham - they currently have three of the first team suspended because of red card offences, and Cole''s enforced absence has been increased to six games today by the FA.  This cannot be good for them (states the obvious!) and serves to remind us of the importance placed upon good discipline and upon fitness levels by Worthy and the staff at Colney.  It isn''t uncommon that players in struggling sides tend to ''pick up'' injuries more easily than when playing in sides doing well, if you see what I mean.  It will be interesting, therefore, to see if the positives on both fronts for us continue, or whether a decline will be evident as the heat is turned up a bit.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to how it might pan out?  (Sorry - heat and pan - does that qualify me for the tosserleague?  I hope not!) 

Susie I have noticed & I feel very confident from what I''ve seen so far we will stay up this season, I also note that Norwich are equal 3rd in the fair play league with only Chelsea & Man U ahead of us & I had a hunch at the start of the season that we would qualify for Europe because our Disciplinary record over the last few years has been outstanding. If it stays as is I beleive we would be offered a place in Europe. That would make up for all the times we qualified but were not allowed to participate because of the ban on English clubs.

It''s not automatic qualification! We will go into a draw (if we qualify) with all the winners of the other countries, and then we shall have to be lucky (like the binners were a couple of seasons ago)