Sign in to follow this  

I am very confused by the same failings in most games.

1) Crosses from the left are leading to goals in most games going back to the 1st game of the season. In recent games Kilbane & Ferguson scored after crosses from the left, Willo Flood scored after a cross from the left, Dickov scored after a cross from the left. We are weak on that side whoever we play there & what ever formation. I felt McVeigh coming on the left led to the goal on Saturday just as it did against Crystal Palace with McVeigh easily taken out of the game. In this league I can only see McVeigh playing as a striker or just behind the front 2. When these crosses are coming in our whole defence is drawn to the near post leaving players unmarked at the far post & as much as I like Flem & Charlton they are just too similar.

We are supposed to be the fittest team in the league but Blackburn''s 10 men looked fitter than our 11 & we won very few 2nd balls.

Holt & Francis often end up to deep & playing as virtual centre halfs.

Why take McKenzie off he was defending from the front closing there defenders down , when he went off there defence started playing in our half.

Retention of the ball is poor & seems to be getting worse as the season goes on & this has been a failing all season, I feel that at times we need to play a more direct style of football instead of trying impossible passes.

Every week substitutions are made that seems to generally disrupt the team some are through injury but generally its the same players removed week in week out it''s like a planned substitution before the game has even started.

If I was an opposing manager I would work on these areas of weakness & I believe this is what has happened but our management team don''t seem to be able to react.

Oh well as management, players & fans we are all learning the harsh lesson of Premiership football.

while i agree with a lot of your points fillet how on earth could we possibly play a more direct style?

we are going to end up with the best pitch in the league cos the ball is never on it? 

And I guess, gazza, that we''ll soon be on the lookout for another big targetman who can hold the ball up like Iwan used to.  Ahhh - the good old days (?!)  I''m with you on this...no thanks!

"Fittest team in the league"? Where did you get that gem from? Surely that accolade should go to Arsenal or Chelsea. With fitness comes workrate which can be lacking for us sometimes.