Sign in to follow this  
Macca

Primus update

Target Primus offered improved Pompey deal

Norwich will have to turn their attentions elsewhere for defensive cover, with Linvoy Primus offered an improved deal by Portsmouth.

Primus only recently signed a two-year deal, but Norwich were offering a three-year contract and better terms, which turned the player''s head.

City had hoped the offer would be enough to lure Primus to Carrow Road, but he has held talks with Portsmouth and has now been offered better terms there, and may well now stay.

Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric said: "We''ve had a conversation in which I expressed my desire to keep him at the club. I''m going to have to do something which I don''t normally do and improve a contract which had been agreed.

"That''s because Linvoy is exceptional and has shown a lot of loyalty to the club. We''re going to look at his wages and an extension," Mandaric added.

A delighted Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp said: "Linvoy is going nowhere - he has a contract with us. We''ve had a chat with him and are going to improve his deal a little bit. He''s earned that and deserves it."

Offical comment

Bollocks!!!!!!!!

I don''t buy it. Why no word from Linvoy himself? The chairman and the manager have come out and buttered him up something chronic (i could be more crude there!) with the "exceptional case" and "he deserves it" nonsense. If he deserves it now, why didn''t he deserve it before? Why is he only now an exceptional case? It''s a time honoured tactic to put pressure on the guy. If he turns it down he will look greedy to the fans - that''s the only reason they''ve made the ''improved'' deal public. How improved? Still won''t match ours i don''t reckon.
While there''s no sign of a signature on a new deal, i will still have hope!