Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Favourite memory after the Preston game?

I am sure that many of the fans found the events after the Preston match quite emotional.
There will be many favourite memories....Iwan''s "aisle of honour"; little Ben Huckerby "scoring" a goal at the Barclay end etc. However, for me it has to be Malkay sitting with his child in the centre circle soaking up the atmosphere and clearly trying to get his child to take some of it in. They were there until long after the atmosphere had quietened down, and it says much about the man that he devoted that special time to his child, and says much about his love for this Club.

Re Malky and his son, below is a link to a load of photos taken by a guy at the game.
He posted the link on Wrath of the Barclay. For anyone interested there are about 20 pics of varying quality - but who cares? I want to see pictures, more pictures and then even more pictures.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wennfamily/2004_05_01/photos/photo_20.html

be patient - it''s a slow server.

Also - was it just my bad luck or were we being wholly passed over last night on Sky Sports News. Four times i tuned in at 20 past the hour to get the Nationwide updates and each time all we got was a measly 10 seconds of voiceover, ZERO shots of the goals or the crowd.
Whereas each time they featured Reading''s goal against West Brom - great to see it once, but hour after hour after hour?
Made my blood boil...

Just out of interest, I tuned into sky sports last night (I live in the West Indies).Saw all the goals, interview with Nige and Iwans after game crowd reception! Then sat there green and yellow with envy that I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Thanks to advice from fellow posters I can now listen to radio Norfolk for full game commentaries. Now only to convince the local beach bar owner to broadcast the full game while I''m chillin'' and drinking there!