Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Doing & Leeds, bouncebackability & Andy Hughes

My dad used to console me after City''s many relegations that at least next season they would win a few games and by and large they did. That "bouncebackability" has gone now and that is probably the biggest crime of the current regime. We were dead and buried in our prem season by November but that wouldn''t have mattered if we had kept the nucleus of the Championship season together because we would still have team capable of winning the Championship when we went back there (with the advantage of the parachute payments allowing us to push on). It worked for Bolton & Charlton (and looks like doing the same for Wtaford this year) so why not City. Was Worthy expenditure restricted  in terms of quantity as well as quality?

Now this becomes more relevant when we stare facing relegation into Div One. I sincerely hope that Glen can pull off a miracle but it doesn''t look likely does it. If we are going down we need to be ready and I don''t mean this in a financial sense but in a football sense. The boards defenders often raised the spectre of "doing a Leeds". Hell, I even posted some myself, but right now that almost seems a good swap and that is a crushing indictment of the current board. They are the best team in Div One by a country mile and with momentum could pass straight through the Championship next year with the cruelly lamponed Andy Hooves in their starting eleven.

What that says to me is lay off the Doc & Hux. If we do go down we should on our knees begging them to use their experience and give us one more year to push back.

at least andy hughes gaves 100% and that i more than i can say for any of the players now!

i think we need him back!!!

Andy Hughes played with a passion sadly lacking form most of the "team" out there at the moment. Is doing great things at Leeds and I for one will be delighted to see him progress back into the Championship. For those who gave him at tough time at Carrow Road its time for a bit of "soulsearching" or should that be ''rsesoul" searching. If you honestly think he was worse than the squad we have now then the road to Hellesdon surely beckons for you. 

We struggled because we lost Edworthy, Jonsson, Svensson, Helveg and Francis whilst other players like Holt and Fleming had already peaked and David ''Bnetley'' returned to Arsenal. Mackay and Roberts had already been shown the door.

Worthington then brought in a load of rubbish in the form of Thorne, Marney, Hughes, Robinson, Louis-Jean and Colin. All on long and expensive contracts.

Finally we changed from our attacking, passing 4-3-3 system which had worked so well when we got promoted to a kind of 4-4-1-1 which involved players lumping the ball up from our penalty box to Dean Ashton who was supposed to win these, beat five men and score. Huckerby at this point was being marked out of the game by three defenders at any one time.

Add to this players being played ridiculously out of position (Simon Charlton in central midfield anyone?), an over-use of the loan system and Green, Ashton, McVeigh and McKenzie being riled up and that''s how it happened.

Possibly missed loads out but that''s out downfall in four easy steps.