Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Impressed by Grant

I was knocking Grant when he was appointed - unproven, untested, no pedigree - and having had a few weeks to reflect, I think I was far too hasty.  He shows good potential.   I think he has shown decent thinking through the transfer window and I have been impressed by his selections to come in and those he''s let leave.  Equally, the way he changed things round against Leeds shows he''s got a bit of nous about him when it matters.

Don''t get me wrong - we''re still up to our knees in it, and I''m not wholly convinced about his tactical skills or media savvy, but I at least have some optimism going into the remainder of the season that we can do a little bit more, bring Martin through and set up a platform for a good scrap next season.

Ironically, in some ways it reminds me of when Worthy took over from Hamilton.  We were terrible then, too.  Now let''s give Martin a good run in the side, finish above the Binners in the league, and look forward to 2007/8.

My thoughts entirely, give the guy a chance and I think we will do OK next year.

Look at Watford, they just avoided the drop and in his first full season Aidy got them promoted and they had no support!

My feelings about Grant as manager - I''ve found myself agreeing with, or at least accepting, almost everything he''s reported as saying. It''s seemed to make sense and to show that he knows where the weak points are, on the playing side at least. However, I have major doubts about the public criticisms he umleashes about individual players. If he''s made these same points face-to-face with the players concerned, that''s OK, but if he''s just indulging in public "naming and shaming", it won''t work.I think he''s got the beginnings of a good team and a decent squad. I''m particularly keen to see what he does with Chadwick.