Sign in to follow this  
Steve Mortlock

Hughes substitution

As much as I hate to admit this, Andy Hughes did not deserve this insult last night.  Brought on half time and subbed midway through second half.  there is a way to boost  a players morale.  the fans have played their part in trying to inject some confidence into him (although most tongue in cheek), but it seems as if we have another tactical genius on our hands.  From my point of view, Peter Thorne was the worst player on the park, so would have made sense to haul this waster off the field as opposed to hard working hughes.  I listened in amazement at Neil Adams commend thornes positioning and linking he did for the team (must be golfing buddys thats all I can say) Chris Martin should have come on as a straight swap.  He did more in the ten minutes or so he was on the field that Thorne has all his City career.  As much as people vilify Hughes (me included) this must be a massive kick in the balls for him and the effort he has put in over recent weeks.;  another amazing point from last nights canary call was the guy who said he would destroy his season ticket if Etuhu leaves. What a joke and what games is he watching.  yes he made a couple of good runs and can hit them from afar but what about the other 80 or so minutes when he disappears.  A massive guy like Etuhu has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in any league through his pace and strength .  when is he going to use it  (when his contract is up for renewal probably)   He sure as hell did''nt even show it when he was on loan.  go ahead and rip up your season ticket mate.