Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Worthys Rolling Contract....

This may seem a simple thing for some but i aint got the foggiest.....

a) How does it work?

b) How much will it cost to sack him?

Answers on a message board please.

............................................................................................................

Worthy out...but plz.....dont promote from within again!!

a) His contract length is always one year from the current date.

b) Given he was on £18k in the Premier, and presuming he''s now on a min c.£12.5k, then paying up his contract: 52*12,500 = £650,000.

That''s without factoring in any bonuses or clauses that may exist, which may also need paying up.

As far as I''m aware (and could be completely wrong) he is on a rolling contract which means it always has 365 days to run. Right now it runs out on the 26th September 2007 but tomorrow morning it will run out on the 27th September and so on. This means that if he is sacked, he is always entitled to a year''s-worth of compensation. This means that while we won''t have to pay him half of a five-year contract (for instance), it can never simply be left to run out. He will always have a year.

I''ve no idea what wages he''s on but the oft-quoted amount on message boards is that he''s on about a million a year. If this is the case then when or if the board decided to sack him then he''d be entitled to his full million. Apologies if this is completely untrue.

The truth is no-one really knows except those involvedInformation garnered from other people''s conversations with Neil Doncaster last season seemed to IMPLY (see how I''m hedging here?) that the cost of removing NW, Livermore and Foley would be around the £1m mark.This was in reply to a point about transfer/player budgets