Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Should/can we change the system?

Should we abandon the current system after getting just one point from nine this week? I think maybe not! I think the system suits us when we have both Huckerby and Croft in the side cuz they are both direct attacking players and with them the system is more of a 433 than a 451. Ideally we would have back up for these two players for injuries and suspensions but not many clubs in this league could have players of that calibre on the bench. So should we change system to suit the players we have available? That''s where I think we have fallen short this last week. Without Huckerby maybe we should have changed to 442 but thats where our old friend Leon has dealt a huge body blow to the club! Losing Leon with no replacement has left a big hole in the squad and unless Peter Thorne gets fit our best option for a second striker would be Ian Henderson. Getting a striker in on loan or in January is a priority cuz without one there is no "PlanB". However we are not alone with this problem, most sides in this league can''t afford to lose their best players and thats why the league is as unpredictable as it is. Usually the side that has least injuries gets auto promotion!