Sign in to follow this  
Lonnie Lynn (Common)

What do we need?

Is a goalkeeper really that important? Would left back cover and another striker be money better spent. I personally believe we need a new striker, especially with Mckenzie going AWOL! I believe we need a large striker with a bit of pace, not big slow striker in the mould of Sutten, Howard, Hulse etc. The player that i believe would suit our style is Izale Mcleod. Ive seen him play on several occasions and most times hes been the best player on the pitch. The only worry id have would be whether hes too injury prone. But i believe Worthington should take the gamble and pay the 900k which i believe should be enough to sign the player. On the left back front, I believe a loan signing would be perfect. Someone like young Jonas Elmer at Chelsea but he may not be able to leave unless Chelsea get another left back i.e, Ashley Cole!

I would like to see us spend very little on a keeper. I would keep Lewis as second choice and just ry and get an experienced man on the cheap or a young keeper from a prem club on loan.

I also think we need cover in defence, drury is the only recognised left back while we only have 3 centre halfs which could also be a problem. A versatile defender would be handy

We also need at least 1 new striker, personally i would get rid of mckenzie and even thorne and try and get 2 new guys in. A back up prem guy and someone like eastwood would be so much better than thorne and mckenzie. Unfortunately, even with the sale of Green, mckenzie and thorne i doubt we could get defensive cover ,  a keeper and 2 strikers.