Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Benefit of the doubt has to be given but how long will it last!

By all accounts our performance yesterday did not warrant a defeat. In fact you could go as far as to say we should/could have won the match. With this in mind I''m sure that most of us honest fans will go to the game on Tuesday with and open mind and with the intention of giving the team and manager the benefit if the doubt until we see for ourselves what we have to offer this season. However here is the reality of our situation. We still lost to Leeds and we are all returning to CR after one of the most disappointing seasons ever in terms of expectation to result ratio. I am not the type who boo''s of call for the managers head whilst at the game I see little point and after all I''m there to concentrate on the football. I am one of the many who is totally disillusioned with our manager, his tactics and many of the personnel he has saddled us with. My question is how long will our benefit of the doubt last at the games. as I say I myself choose to watch the football rather than vent my displeasure to openly at the game but many others choose otherwise. Imagine if we are 1 nil down with 25 mins to go on Tuesday having had plenty of chance yet having failed to score. The atmosphere could turn very nasty very fast. I agree that on defeat away to a good Leeds side is not cause for too much concern but just cos we made a few chances and passed the ball a bit is no cause to suddenly become overly optimistic either. It’s a cliché but if things don’t change they stay as they are.

I guess over the next couple of home games we will see how much has changed.

OTBC