Sign in to follow this  
Herb

OK, cards on the table

I''m not too proud to take advice from someone more clued-up than myself.One of the nice things about going to the football is meeting up with my brother beforehand and having a pint or three. Tonight was no exception (uh, I''d like to say thanks to Chalk Hill brewery for my rambling) and it got us in fine spirits for the evening''s proceedings :)He''s been a season ticket holder for almost as long as I can remember for all but one season during the Chase turmoil,  and even then he went to a most of the away games. He lives and breathes City, and is also very intelligent (its a family trait), basically I value his opinon about things football more than anyone else''s (except maybe my own!) ;)Well the Coach and Horses was a little on the loud side for transfer speculation or tactical and team selection discussions but after the game we had a chance to chew the fat and suss out what we thought about the story so far.He suprised me by coming out in favour of Sutton signing on a pay-to-play basis providing silly agents fees aren''t payed and his wages aren''t ott enough to cause consternation within the ranks. (ie, pay to play means nothing if you get 30 grand a game)He agrees it would be a risk, but reckons in the absence of a permanent signing its better than nowt and could just be a bit of result, if all of the above boxes are ticked.So I''m a convert...sort of. My football guru made me do it!Whats more, if he does come back, I won''t be booing him, even if he has a mare. If you''re in a City shirt and you''re on the Carrow Road turf, you''re OK by me.Maybe some people could have done with remembering that last season.