Sign in to follow this  
Ayrton Twigge

Four games to go, there's time to ........

Now we''re definitely there, what better time than now to give some of our promising talents an opportunity to show what they can do and give them experience of first team football for real.

Now I know we want to win the championship but I don''t think this would compromise that.

What I have in mind is to start Jarvis and Shackell rather than have them on the bench.

For me, Jarvis will have matured over the last year - but we can''t easily see what he can do. Why not start him and have Mackenzie on the bench. Its tough on him, but we know what he can do - and we can bring him on later in the game if things aren''t working out - or to give him an opportunity, albeit less than a full game.

Same idea with Shackell. Malkys earnt his call up,the jobs done, give him a rest and keep him in reserve. Or rotate Shackell with Fleming.

These are not wholesale changes. Neither are they Ranieri-sque. They shouldn''t interfere with the pursuit of the championship. But they will give real time experience to two promising talents.

if we''ve secured the title by Crewe we should bring the 99 legends back - those who need one more appearance to make a century. Dave Stringer (499 apps.), Mark Bowen (399 apps.) and Robert Fleck (299 apps.) - obviously never going to happen buthow awesome would it be!

anyone else think it''s wrong that Greeno isn''t in the Hall of Fame (can we add a few special mentions to it??)