Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

How to spend 5 Million quid?????

I like everyone else have mixed feelings about Ashton going. Let down by the club for keeping us in the dark and by Deano bailing after 11 months but it was a good fee for a player who isnt in the Premier and who has only played half a season there.

So who to buy i can think of the following suggestions for the 5 Million (ish) quid that looks to be available

RM - Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham) Looks to be available for about 400k is 32 but proven player and could be a very useful addition to our right hand side for a couple of seasons can beat a man and cross the ball. Need to be quick cos Palace are interested.

CB - Calum Davenport (Spurs) Still way down the pecking order at Spurs and would cost about a 1 Million looked assurred on loan and could be a great investment for the future, seemed to like being at the club.

CM - Jason Koumas (West Brom) Playing brilliantly for Cardiff and a proven talent if a little precious by all accounts a 1.75m fee has been bandied about. Would do wonders for our work horse midfield.  Koumas and Safri anyone???

CF - Robert Earnshaw (West Brom) Great striker who has scored at all levels still young lightening fast and unhappy at Brom who knows how much but i would guess rewalistically about 2 - 2.5 Million would secure him.

CF - Lee Trundle (Swansea) Bit striker very much like Ashton in Style is appraoching 30 but would be a good buy for the 1 Million that people think Swansea would accept. Again seems to be a little tempremental but should relish a shot at a higher league.

Others - Eastwood(Southend 750k)  Howard (Luton 1.5Mil)  Holland (Charlton 1.5Mil)  Rossi (Man U Loan??) 

If we could get 3 of those players i think we will have done some good dealing with Ashton .

Any thoughts???