Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Valderrama

Movie Remakes

With a current trend of remaking old movies such as the new Girl with the Dragon Tattoo films starring Daniel Craig, and the rumoured remake of the Mad Max films (See MSN for shots of the concept cars made).

What film would you like to see remade and why.

For me its a toss up between Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit. Just think what they could do with modern technology and the wow factor of modern cars. Burt Reynolds should also be made to make at least a cameo in either film.

....because it had a decent plot and brilliant CGI (for the time), would love to see it updated and how they would replace important plot devices such as the video game machine.

I always enjoyed the chaos of the Mad Max films. But on the downside I see bus adverts for Conan the BarbarianMaybe a remake of "Bedtime for Bonzo"? "The Fifth Man", a cuddly art historian. Or to be Blunt , a traitor who betrayed his countrymen..ec

What about The Lawnmower Man with Jeff Bridges and Pierce Brosnan. I can remember watching it back in the day thinking wow, saw it again on (men & motors!!!!!) the other night and its truly lame.

Perhaps with modern CGI they could make a decent stab at it.

And my mistake re Mad Max. Still its quite a time since the original trilogy. Perhaps I should rename the thread Movie Remakes - And a return to forgotten movie franchises!!!!

I don''t actually see the need for a remake within 20 years of the original. There is plenty of good material out there but it seems as though producers think along the lines of "if it made a lot of money the first time...".

remakes that happen too quickly annoy me, and often are dull copies of the original

only quick remake (if you can call it that) which i like is the Christopher Nolan Batman films.

can''t believe they are remaking the Steig Larsson films which i thought were excellent, but a lot of people are put off by subtitles.

i''m surprised no one has remade The Great Escape.  Tell you what remake i''d love to see - The Blob!  always laugh at the title alone...

What is even more daft, San Miguel, is when recently I settled in for a bit of nostalgiato watch the Great Escape, a birthday set, and realised half way through I had never seen it before!All I have ever seen are Barry Normans''s best bits.Films that is.Strange because I have seen almost everything else of that genre. Lost count of Heroes of TelemarkBattle of the Bulge, 633 Sqdn.etc.,hex

Conan the Barbarian.Just read a review and gosh,Arnie came out quite well!Subtitles are something else I can''t cope with. I tried Lovefilm for a bit and a few French thrillers but it was wasted on me.And I apologise in advance, but the signed theatre is a bit hard . I sat through a Mozart opera at the ENOI was transfixed by the ''signer'' who was completely at one with the show. She must have been exhausted by the end.hex.