Sign in to follow this  
Big O

Club restructure

A bit worried about how quickly we are goi g to have to work to get the right structure in place to help us achieve our aims in the summer.

Most of us believe we need a significant overhaul of playing staff but our recruitment has been patchy at best. Assuming we are going for a director of football role, does this finally put to bed our football board and technical director roles, which have looked decidedly averagely performing from the outside looking in.

Let''s pray we move quickly, get the right structure and coaching staff in place ASAP, assess all the players by the end of the season and make some critical decisions for our clubs future.

Personally, I believe there is plenty to be positive about, in Pritchard, wes, Murphy''s, howson, pinto, Olivera! Jerome there is some quality we would like to keep, just need to mould a team with hunger and fight around them.

On Alex Neil, it was the right that he left, too late in my opinion as it was reasonably obvious around the Brighton game that things weren''t right but even then we hand on the coat tails of the play-offs. It was the Jan transfer window that was a let down for me, no real problem with the players in (although don''t quite get the wildahut purchase) but we failed to address the glaring deficiencies we needed to to have a chance of a promotion run. Recruitment team me Ricky Martin let Neil down again. I''d have to say thanks to Alex Neil though for a great day at Wembley.