Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

A positive from Tuesday

The two youngest players were among the better members of the team. Ashton was full of praise for Jarvis, and it looks as if the youngster may start on Saturday! (Was McV not fully fit or something, - he seemed to lack everything he''s normally good at?)My local team, Gold scum, were talking about playing a 17 year old on merit. Why not us? (It seems that Worthy may have seen the light! He took Spillane to Luton). If players are good enough, they are old enough!We don''t want to put out the Academy team as the first team, because they would be short on experience. But perhaps this is now the time give Hendo or Jarvis a few games. And why not Spillane, who seems very good, or Rossi Jarvis, Halliday, Cave-Brown, or any of the other youngsters who are up to it.We have already witnessed an elderly left back in the central midfield. Why not one of the youngsters? Would they be any worse? They certainly would not be lacking in commitment, to judge from Hendo and Jarvis on Tuesday!

I agree. The two people most hungry for the ball yesterday were Henderson and Jarvis. Ashton had a reasonable game in the second half, the rest of the team were absolutely awful.

We need to start playing the youngsters ! I think Huckerbys great, but lets face it he''s lost some of the speed he had two seasons ago, and that speed is really all he has.

Brennan and Charlton were awful. Colin had a bad game and so did Davenport. Hughes was a no show too !

Play the youngsters - what have we got to lose. Not a lot at this rate.