Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Too much moderation?

Okay, like a lot of posters on here I suspect, I like a lively debate.

Apart from the odd ''bloody'' which slips in, I do try very hard not to swear, as most of you do also.

But of late, I''ve noticed a lot more moderation of my posts. Is there a trend to stifle the slightly more robust replies than there was before by changing key words or phrase? (Non swear words) this I feel can really alter a reply.

After all, every footy fan has a very colourful dictionary to call upon, and its quite hard to shock us!.

When I see some of the posts that are allowed, I''m left scratching my head as to what moderating criteria was used in the first place.

Anyone else confused?.

I''m often confused, and I''m a moderator . . .

One of the things which leads to any inconsistencies is the fact that there are five of us who are at one time or another moderating the messages, and although we try to keep in line with each other, and discuss posts if we''re not sure, we are bound to have slightly different attitudes.

I don''t think there is any intention to stifle robust comment, and I rarely alter posts.

I did dither about the one which I suspect prompted this, and maybe I was a bit over-zealous . . .

Celia

[quote]I''m often confused, and I''m a moderator . . . One of the things which leads to any inconsistencies is the fact that there are five of us who are at one time or another moderating the messages, and al...[/quote]

Thanks for the swift clarification Celia.