Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Delivering a verdict

Points to raise after today...

1 We seem to be in the stages of a mental collapse, caution has become so ingrained that when we try to impose upon the opposition we look ill-at-ease. The more we carry our away form, the more pressure  we place on our home matches and the collapse gains momentum.

2 The crossing was improved and possession better, but Left footed crossing from the right and vice-versa delivers balls favouring a good CB or GK rather than a forward (Wolf or Hooper) attacking the ball.

3 Man management... Snodgrass is clearly struggling (injury?) and should have been subbed as much for his own morale as for the teams attacking options.  By not having clarity on pen taking two senior players have had an on pitch argument, hardly helping team morale.

IF replacing CH would gain the team a lift in confidence, I would be prepared to accept it.

On a more positive note I would suggest for the next match a Mid of Fer - Howson - Johnson with Hoolahan  off Hooper/Elmander - Wolf (keeping Pilks and Redmond on the bench to adjust to a 5 man mid or front 3 of Pilks - Wolf - Remdmond) if necessary)

This is just purely my  verdict, if you had to give yours it would be?....