Thought this was an interesting article from the BBC about Levante. Nearly bankrupt three years ago, no stars and an unproven manager at the highest level. Yet, there they sit at the top of La Liga. Maybe too much to dream that this could be us, but maybe an inpiration to keep going the way we are...up the table!

Sorry - don''t know how to imbed the link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philminshull/2011/10/surprise_leaders_levante_bring.html

Well the similarities do not end there! The vast majority of their players are lower-league journey men or top-team rejects who didn''t make the grade at other clubs. I have watched them 3 times this season (all victories against Malaga, Villareal and Madrid, all top teams) and its clear that they are set up to out-work and frustrate the opposition. This team has an average age of 32 but in all 3 games they kept less of the ball but out ran the opposition from start to finish (including their 36 year old rotund captain inexplicably out-sprinting Ronaldo, which has half a million hits on youtube). I was very impressed by their organisation and discipline and the teamwork of a team that has been cobbled together over such a short time, the most striking being the lone strike Kone and floating player Juanlu (where the similarities to Morrison and Hoolahan where too much for me to ignore). Whilst they won''t win the league, their success has been built down on hard-work and discipline and I''ve already seen many ''pundits'' write them off, but you don''t tend to lose those traits as readily as luck and surprise.