Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Newcastle Rugby Match Was On?

Did anyone notice the Newcastle Rugby Match LIVE on TV today? Newcaslte is a stones throw from Sunderland and although I appreciate that roads/safety issues were involved, how did they manage to stage the rugby match and fans for this LIVE BBC event?

Canary Boy: my son and I watched the second half, and we both said the same, makes you think does''nt it, especially with the roads being ''unpassable'' in that area.

They had cleared the snow to the edge of the pitch, and yes there were many spectators present. I am reminded of a line from an old Marillion song, ''Rugger is the tops, a game for men, they say''.

Says it all really!!!!!!!!!.

Correct canary boy but it was a 2 or 3 hours later kick off plus they didn''t have 40 000 spectators attending. I also noticed the terracing was closed to spectators at the rugby plus at one point they were playing in a freezing blizzard followed by blinding sunshine next. Could you imagine our Robert having to stand in the goal mouth with nothing to do for 70 mins freezing his chiseled chin off only to be called upon to make his usual 3 point save in the last 10 in blinding sun?
I expect you''re like me though, wished City had played, won, and then enjoy WBA''s result even more!!
P.S. on another note I''ve started saying "when we''re in the premier next season" without thinking - It''s years since i''ve been this confident about City!!!