Sign in to follow this  
clacton_canary1

My take on todays game against Mallorca..

Firstly i thought it was an excellent workout for the lads in really hot conditions. The new pitch looks superb aswell.

Bentley for me today was pure class, bags of skill and ability another masterstroke from Worthy, the only fault i can find with him was maybe he is a little to lightweight, however body strength will come with age and experience, we have a quality player there. Heleveg, also class, didnt do anything outstanding but everything he did do, he did very well and barely broke a sweat, Charlton, well seems like Fleming mark 2 really, his positional sence and orginisation skills at the back are superb, for the money a complete bargin, but i am still slightly concerned by the lack of height at the back, hopefully to be put right in the coming weeks.

Drury was Drury really nuff said. Ward, didnt really have much to do apart from pick the ball out of the net, dont think you can really blame him, you''ve got to give credit to the Mallorca lad for taking the free kick quickly. Francis today was also superb, if he continues in that form he is easily Prem class, Holt, for all his running, against a technically very good team seemed to be lacking, but until ive seen Safri for myself i dont think it would be fair to say Holty should be dropped. Mcveigh was buzzing around and reasonably lively, had a couple of decent chances in the 1st half with a volley and header, i think if he was a few inches taller he wouldve burried that one, Svensson, lots of hardwork nothing more, i would persoanlly say we need another big target man who doesnt treat the ball like a hot potatoe.

Hucks gave us more of a cutting edge when he came on and still looked resonably fit, and perhaps the surprise of the day was that Jarvis started ahead of McKenzie, but maybe McKenzie had a knock i dont no.

All in all a good performance against a technically very good team, and i think with Jonson to come into the team, another Center half with a bit of pace and height, and a striker who can hold the ball up, weve got a great shout of staying up.

Having really hyped McKenzie for most of the pre-season, he looked extremely ineffective yesterday, and didn''t look like getting onto anything. He''s not as fast as he needs to be, he''s not tall, he''s not got a brilliant first touch, he''s got nothing that sets him apart from a Championship player. We really do need another striker!