Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

Beyond bad

Speaking as someone who cannot make it to too many game now, this was my first game in a while; and quite honestly there were players out there who had no pride, passion or desire to have the yellow and green shirt on. I would rather that youth or reserve players had been picked, and that had tried their best; becasue I can handle losing, but not to even try, unforgiveable.

It also seemed to me that there was no clear plan on the pitch, no game plan; and as time went on, all that could come up with was hoofball. It just looked like that there had been no training, or at least with each other; so what has been going on in Colney is anyone''s guess. The only players to come out today with any credit we DD, Croft, Safri and Drury, the rest may not have been there, and their minds certainly were not. As for the ''star'' Huckerby; he must learn that there has to be more to his game than running into defenders and throwing his arms up asking why he did not get a free kick. Maybe actually trying to beat the defender would work? Now he''s got his new contract, maybe he would like to show how pleased he is about it by putting a good performance or two.

Sacking the manager is not the answer, sacking the board is not either. A cook with bad ingredients will make a bad cake, so a coach with poor players will make a bad team. Let him bring is some players, if he can, and judge him then. As for the board; they have some tricky questions to answer, and Doomcaster''s position is untellable; but unless someone can bring in something better than the current board, to get rid of them for the sake of it would be stupid. Where has all the money gone, Green, Ashton and McKenzie to name those departed in the last year alone.

Having not been at Carrow Road for a few months, what stuck me is that there is no atmosphere now, it can be a cauldren of noise, and can lift the team; but this, dead, will only serve to lower morale even more. Who go if you don''t cheer the team on?

Having watched Norwich for more years(35) than I care to remember, I can say that this was the most spineless performance I have ever seen. The glory days of three years ago seem much more distant. Unless something is done, then when the next season ticket details are announced, the club will be in for a major shock, crowds of sub 20k seem to be likely.

As for those who are calling for the axe to swing at Grant and the board; I see that one among you is saying he will no longer go to games, good, maybe if those who do nothing but moan the atmosphere will impove. It just seems to me that some are only happy when they have something to moan about.