Contributions, notice boards, and chat rooms
By submitting any material to Archant, you automatically grant Archant the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. you acknowledge:
- we may select or reject any material for publication at our sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- material submitted by you may be published in any publication or website produced or published by Archant Group and/or may be supplied by us for publication by third parties at our discretion.
- your email address and password are personal to you and you must not allow anyone else to use them.
- you must not impersonate any other user of the website or do anything to assist an unregistered user to gain access to the website.
- that where we reasonably believe that you may be in breach of any applicable law (such as, but not limited, to posting content that is defamatory), we may provide your personal data to the relevant third party or their legal representative.
You further agree that by submitting any material to us, you also waive all your moral rights in such materials and agree not to contribute any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, intentionally offensive abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, pornographic, obscene, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy; or
- that is discriminatory against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals including the relevant permission under data protection regulations; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or
- that is in breach of the rights of any third party; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) you further agree that if you knowingly send any material which is technically harmful that Archant retains the right at its sole discretion to pursue you for all legal fees (including its own and those of any third party), damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your actions; or
- that makes any commercial or business use of the website or post any material which comprises advertising promotional or marketing material of any kind, nor will you set up any links from the website to any other website; or
- that is not original to you and you grant us a royalty-free irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce in whole or in part, modify and adapt such material and authorize others to do so in any media now known or in future developed in any part of the world; and
- that you understand and agree that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage and loss and you agree to indemnify us and keep us at all times fully indemnified from and against all claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of any material posted by you on the website or any use by you of the website.
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting material in breach of these terms. We may also disclose the identity to relevant third parties of anyone we reasonably believe has submitted content which is defamatory.
- Disclaimer of Liability: use of the website is entirely at your risk. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any third party material appearing on the website or for the nature or content of such material: We do not control such material nor do we examine or edit postings prior to their appearance on the website. For the avoidance of doubt, to the fullest extent permissible by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of your viewing material on the website or your use of the website (save for death or personal injury if caused by our negligence).
- we reserve the right (but do not assume the obligation) without notice to remove any material which we in our sole discretion deem to be harmful, offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions and/or to terminate the registration of any person who we in our sole discretion deem in breach of these terms and conditions. This is without prejudice to any of our rights at law all of which are specifically reserved.
By Accessing or Posting any information you confirm you have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions.