Sign in to follow this  
Phil Boyers Admiral top

This has to be McNallys last chance surely?

How can this be McNally''s last chance. He took over when the club was in a state of dis-repair, both where the club were in Div 1, and financially. He has guided the club back to financial stability, no mean feat in the football world.By all accounts it was his decision to go after Lambetr, heralding one of the clubs most successful periods in decades. Hughton was stable, and kept us in the Premiership. It was the Boards joint lack of action that potentially cost us Premiership survival, and by all accounts, most on this discussion forum seem to think Adam''s appointment wasn''t favoured by McNally. We''ve made a quick appointment of a potentially ambitious and young manager, who''s found success two seasons running.I think other Board members should be shown the door long before Mcnally

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Herman "], Newton thinks that McNally is paid millions of pounds in wages and bonuses to do nothing .[/quote]Sounds like my kind of job, Herman. Where does one apply ?  Please send me an application form........[/quote]Hey, back of the line.......

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Herman "], Newton thinks that McNally is paid millions of pounds in wages and bonuses to do nothing .[/quote]Sounds like my kind of job, Herman. Where does one apply ?  Please send me an application form........[/quote]Hey, back of the line.......[/quote]There is a preliminary test to sort out the no-hopers. They ask you how many Norwich City directors there are. If you get that wrong you get ejected from the building.

There''s a world of difference between wanting to change your manager - and being able to (by having a suitable list of candidates to choose from). The sacking of Hughton when it finally occurred drew criticism (mainly from commentators outside our fine city) at the time by some who felt he should have been given the chance to finish the job. Had he gone at Christmas the criticism would have been louder and with some justification: there was ample time to turn things around and Hughton''s record was not a complete disaster. Harry Hindsight is a poor master.

But I believe the real reason why Hughton was given more time was simply that there was no-one suitable who could be tempted away from their present post. A successful manager is unlikely to risk a move half way through the season just for a bit more money - and an unsuccessful one would be no reason to change.

Going down to the lower Scottish division has given us a hungry and successful manager. Full marks to McNally for having done the spade work so early on. No manager can guarantee success (think of our reaction when Lambert left - and consider Villa''s fans views then and now) - but I believe McNally has done his job and done it well. If we hadn''t got relegated last season we wouldn''t be having this discussion - and I don''t believe the principal fault for that can be laid at McNally''s ( or even Adams'') door.

U all wrong McNally paid £1M to do as he is told

& thats exactly what he does - wouldn''t u for £1M

Purple -

Yes there are 7 on the Norwich board - Delia has Frys proxy vote & I think you will find one of the other members is directly employed by Delia -

How does that work ? Conflict of interest - of course not, I am sure he votes against Delia every time

Does she have ultimate control - of course she does

Or am I wrong, were Fry & Phillips appointed to the board because McNally knew them - dont think so - whats your theory Purple - sure u got one (keep it short, fall asleep reading your responses some times)

[quote user="Newton"]U all wrong McNally paid £1M to do as he is told

& thats exactly what he does - wouldn''t u for £1M

Purple -

Yes there are 7 on the Norwich board - Delia has Frys proxy vote & I think you will find one of the other members is directly employed by Delia -

How does that work ? Conflict of interest - of course not, I am sure he votes against Delia every time

Does she have ultimate control - of course she does

Or am I wrong, were Fry & Phillips appointed to the board because McNally knew them - dont think so - whats your theory Purple - sure u got one (keep it short, fall asleep reading your responses some times)[/quote]Newton, my shorter-than-the-question answer is that someone (this is you in case you pretend not to recognise yourself from the description) who doesn''t know something as factually simple as how many directors there are and thinks one of them is employed directly by Delia is unlikely to have a clue about anything more complicated, such as what actually goes on in the boardroom and why.

Purple - dont be silly - I understand how they work and I think u need to stick to facts (thought that was your strong point - perhaps not - of course its waffle)

This has been copied & pasted direct from the NC FC website

Stephan Phillips is the former Managing Director of Archant Norfolk, having retired in 2011 after working for Archant, the UK''s largest independent regional publisher, for 21 years.

He is the Managing Director of Delia Online, Delia Smith''s web business,

Purple - please confirm is he or is he not employed by Delia ?

[quote user="Newton"]Stephan Phillips is the former Managing Director of Archant Norfolk, having retired in 2011 after working for Archant, the UK''s largest independent regional publisher, for 21 years.

He is the Managing Director of Delia Online, Delia Smith''s web business,

Purple - please confirm is he or is he not employed by Delia ?[/quote]I will happily confess I didn''t know that, although I doubt that is the highest-paying job in cyberspace! More like post-retirement pocket money than any great incentive always to vote a certain way in board meetings.

Purple I am not trying to score points just trying to highlight the fact that Delia is a cold calculating woman when knows exactly what she is doing on a control basis at Norwich

Fry & Philips on the board, with both strong connection to Delia, - coincidence - dont believe in them

52/53% of the shares giving 100% control

Never been approached by a third part to buy her out even tho we now debt free

She is supper glued in we will never get rid

I would be prepared to accept that provided she stops meddling on the football side - she knows less than us & we dont know much

[quote user="Newton"]Purple I am not trying to score points just trying to highlight the fact that Delia is a cold calculating woman when knows exactly what she is doing on a control basis at Norwich

Fry & Philips on the board, with both strong connection to Delia, - coincidence - dont believe in them

52/53% of the shares giving 100% control

Never been approached by a third part to buy her out even tho we now debt free

She is supper glued in we will never get rid

I would be prepared to accept that provided she stops meddling on the football side - she knows less than us & we dont know much[/quote]I wouldn''t use the word "cold" but I have never said anything different. Smith and Jones are far from the homespun idiots some fans seem to think. They understand business and the business of football.In particular I said at the time that Fry''s arrival on the board was almost certainly a move just to let everyone know who ultimately was in charge after they had gone from a position in which they certainly had boardroom control to a position - with the sacking of Munby and Doncaster and the arrival of Bowkett, McNally and Phillips - in which they did not obviously have such clear-cut control.You seem to think you are exposing some deeply hidden truth. You may be to some, but not to me. They are only exercising ultimate control in the way owners of companies worldwide exercise such control. I suspect the difference is only that I believe on balance their 17-year control has been beneficial while you do not.Finally, just one factual point. We do not know that they have never been approached with a buy-out. Only that no-one has turned any approach into a formal offer.

The problem I have with all of this is that the only person on the board who isn''t on it by design of Smith & Jones is the other major shareholder Foulger. And he never gets a mention in these discussions.

Nutty u have got it Delia manipulates thinks around to ensure she has ultimate power

Everything works fine until she interferes in things she knows nothing about - Football

In fact she probably knows about as much about football as we all do (still bit of room left on the back of the 2nd class stamp)

What seems to be overlooked in these discussions is that Delia is no different to almost every owner of a football club who has put their money into the Club. Look around the Football world and tell me where we are run differently from t''others? I recall when she first got involved and we were in deep doodo! Right up to our necks. Compare us now to then. If you want something different, then I give you ....Marcus Evans et al!