Sign in to follow this  
KoromaCrab

Phelen's tactics or Alex Neils?

Phelans until Howson was sent off. We did well until that point, Phelan obviously knows what he''s doing but Neil was the one who came down to make some very unorthodox tactical decisions that despite being forced into a corner with injuries and losing a man managed to completely blunt Bournemouths attack while giving us an outlet. He very obviously had a motivational effect as well when he got down to the touchline.

Phelan deserves massive credit for getting us a result and setting us up correctly today and for getting us in the right frame of mind but Alex Neil''s decisions and influence actually won this one for us today

Phelan''s to start off with as Alex confirmed this because he''s only had a day and a half. When Howson came off Alex then went down apparently to discuss what subs they''d make with Phelan and apparently (says radio norfolk) things got a little bit (mildly) heated. The subs were made, Alex Neil obviously had a lot of input after the sending off which won us the game.

Thats how I saw it anyway

Phelan deserves credit.....since he''s turned up our performance has had an upturn.

I think Phelan must be kept in the senior coaching role.

Yep great to hear Neil come down and influence the last 30 minutes alongside Phelan.

Coukd be a very good management team along with Adams back in the u21 set up with Hucks things look bloody good for the future.

Big well done Phelan.

Our last 6 league games under Phelan''s coaching has resulted in 4 wins, a draw and a defeat. I do hope that Neill and McAvoy listen to his ideas.

I don''t get this line of inquiry, we used to get it under Adams and here we go again. Hopefully it''s only for this game because of the late arrival of our manager.

Sorry Jenks but please explain?

Phelan has had a huge impact and working alongside Neil will be fantastic.

Agreed Indy I think Phelan working with Neil could be an excellent combination, although Neil is looking to bring in his own guy I believe so things may get a little complicated.

The point I was making, clearly a little clumsily due in part to rather too many glasses of Malbec, is that after ever game since Phelan came in there has been a debate about where the credit or blame for a victory or defeat should lie.

For me all that matters is we won and the Manager takes the blame or the credit every time.

In this case I can see why this issue has been raised, Phelan prepared the team and Neil imputed during the game so fine.

A great result, that''s all I I really care about at the moment😘

I agree Jenks but in my mind we look more solid and better in the past 7 league games than we did the previous 7 prior to Phelan coming here.

It can only help any novice to have a three time Premier winner wit Man U as part of your coaching staff.

Enjoying every minute and feel a tad sorry for Adams....look forwarx to him coming back working alongside Hucks and others in the youth set up....that looks good too. Enjoy the night and a positive new start. Here''s for another win next Saturday.

Correct me if i''m wrong Jenkins but you seem to think there was an anti Adams agenda because people were crediting Phelan with wins and Adams with losses? Whereas people were just stating that Phelan has had a positive impact since he''s come in (imo). However, this is probably one of those things that we''ll have to agree to disagree, because like you allude to; there''s no point arguing about it.

Hopefully when the new management team settle in these sort of questions will become a thing of the past. I would say without a doubt that the way we set up and the players selected were down to Phelan and Holt whilst the substitutions and the way we set up after going down to 10 men was very much influenced by Neil.

But one thing that we can be 100% sure of now was that Phelan was not brought in to replace Adams. Which is why we used to get these inquests after every game since he was brought in to be first team coach.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hopefully when the new management team settle in these sort of questions will become a thing of the past. I would say without a doubt that the way we set up and the players selected were down to Phelan and Holt whilst the substitutions and the way we set up after going down to 10 men was very much influenced by Neil.

But one thing that we can be 100% sure of now was that Phelan was not brought in to replace Adams. Which is why we used to get these inquests after every game since he was brought in to be first team coach.

[/quote]Yes, I got that one wrong Nigel. Just goes to prove that what looks obvious to the outsider is not always the right answer.

We all get plenty wrong Rickyyyyy. I just feel that by doing the right thing for the club and helping make that change of first team coach really cranked up the pressure on Adams for reasons that didn''t exist. Let''s hope it''s all well that ends well and by the summer we are able to look back on a successful season and recognise all the contributions made.

No idea who is tactics but from video I see at the end that Mike Phelen quick down to dressing room and was only man from bench who not shake hands with Alex Neil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDEp3tQcXo&feature=youtu.be

We will see but I think MP and AN not be easy to work together imo.

[quote user="Boris"]No idea who is tactics but from video I see at the end that Mike Phelen quick down to dressing room and was only man from bench who not shake hands with Alex Neil.

We will see but I think MP and AN not be easy to work together imo.[/quote]That''s not right. On the extended highlights on Canary Player you can see Neil and Phelan shake hands.

[quote user="foxruels"][quote user="Boris"]No idea who is tactics but from video I see at the end that Mike Phelen quick down to dressing room and was only man from bench who not shake hands with Alex Neil.

We will see but I think MP and AN not be easy to work together imo.[/quote]That''s not right. On the extended highlights on Canary Player you can see Neil and Phelan shake hands.[/quote]

hope you are right from this video seems like Phelen gone quick ...