Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

They must have been appointed by different people.

Looking at the new manager, what he is saying and how he comes over, has re-kindled the excitement around NCFC. To attach today''s result to his influence would be wrong - he''s had no time with the players but I am sure that the general buzz surrounding his arrival would have given everybody a much needed lift.

He is abkle to demonstrate years of leadership as a captain, coach and for the past couple of years as a successful manager. None of which was remotely applicable to the outgoing man.

This takes me to the subject which has been discussed in detail by the fans - who is making the decisions on these appointment issues. For me, the person(s) appointing Gunn and Adams could not be the same person(s) who sought out and appointed Lambert and Neil. The qualities evident in the latter two and the potential that it gave them when appointed, was completely and utterly missing as far as the other two were concerned.

Where does Hughton stand in terms of suitability at the time he was recruited? Well I would say he was not at all bad. Granted, we persevered with him for far too long but on the basis of his track record when first appointed, not a bad decision.

So my hunch, from somebody with not the slightest clue as to what goes on in the corridors of power at Carrow Road, is that the two Scots were identified and appointed by McNally and the two ex-players were the choice of the majority shareholders.

The only thing that gives me any doubts that this is the case was the way in his first interview after introducing Neil to the press, McNally really went overboard on the wonderful qualities of Adams and the importance of getting him back in some role. He even mentioned that he could again be involved around the first team in some capacity. And I was giving McNally credit for the good decisions coming out of the club!

I do wonder how Hughton would have been in those final 4 games instead of Adams. Would have made more sense to keep Hughton who had the experience of the squad.

Although Adams did get a good result against Chelsea as well as the close game with Liverpool.

I wonder if Hughton would have won the Fulham game which might have inspired the team for the final three.

Hi DRB

I think u are coming to the conclusion I came to a while ago - the likes of Grant Gunn & Adams could not have been appointed by a person who used the same selection process to appoint Lambert & Neil

U are correct - may I suggest that Delia used her cheap mates rates system to appoint the first 3 yet McNally appointed the other 2 ?

IF SHE HAS TO STAY KEEP HER AWAY FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL

Hahaha this is funny.

Ofcourse Gunn and Grant were appointed by someone different.

As for Adams - The fact that big mac has praised him still and said the club will find him a role as he is Norwich through and through says it all to me.

What is more interesting so far as I am concerned is the little snippets you hear here and there from solid sources.

Russell again highlighted that he knows Adams wanted Foley in and this was blocked, presumably big mac as he is popular with Delia and other members of the board as well as other staff around the club - Russell himself full of praise for him. This to me suggested that Adams always wanted an experienced hand to help him, something that he wasn''t able to get until Phelan - when some consistency and resilience appeared to be sneaking back in.

Do I think Adams was first choice? No. Do I think others turned us down? I think it''s fair to say it''s likely, strong suggestions that at least Mackay did.

And by the way, Adams was far better than Gunn, Roeder and Grant.

Your argument is flawed from the start as McNally wasn''t here when Gunn was appointed.

It''s also heavily flawed by the fact that Adams may have got us a play off place - something the other managers these chaps have said he is similar to would have loved to have been close to let alone actually achieved.

Some people just won''t move on - and I bet my last penny that if this appointment doesn''t work out (I really hope it does) then it''ll work out being Delia''s fault somehow.

[quote user="chicken"]It''s also heavily flawed by the fact that Adams may have got us a play off place - something the other managers these chaps have said he is similar to would have loved to have been close to let alone actually achieved.

Some people just won''t move on - and I bet my last penny that if this appointment doesn''t work out (I really hope it does) then it''ll work out being Delia''s fault somehow.[/quote]Haha, spot on.Some of these kids won''t be happy until the whole club structure is dismantled bit by bit. They seem to think that getting rid of Delia and Michael everything will be great. A multi-millionaire will stride in, with nothing but love in his heart for the club, and take us to the top of the Premiership.

I''m particularly loving the notion, alluded to in the OP, that our Board members play paper, scissors, stone or something to decide who gets to appoint the new manager this time.

[guffaw]

There''s going to be good and bad with any owners, the good with what we have far outweighs the bad IMO.

I know it''s been said before but it''s true, if you want to support a big money, mercenary, corporate club in the Prem.then you really should look elsewhere. Feel free to sit in a stand full of tourists and glory seekers.

If you are unable to get your rocks off supporting City through the thick and thin, the ups and downs, which for me is a fantastic ride, then go elsewhere.

[quote user="Herman "]Your argument is flawed from the start as McNally wasn''t here when Gunn was appointed. [/quote]It is also flawed by omission. Because Hughton doesn''t for neatly into this black and white child''s view of the universe the question of who chose him is quietly forgotten about.

The first season was McNally''s choice, the second was when Delia stepped in.Good post btw Jenkins[Y]

Bor u only the 50,000 person to make same comment

true to your name BOR BOR BOR

keep up man or have a nap

have u got anything interesting to post - same old tripe

[quote user="Newton"]Bor u only the 50,000 person to make same comment

true to your name BOR BOR BOR

keep up man or have a nap

have u got anything interesting to post - same old tripe[/quote]You should invest in an irony meter.  Preferably one that explodes when it hits overload.What''s your opinion on Alex Neil so far?

Hubby will have to make sure Delia has been on the wine or at least sedated before Neil speaks to her

He clearly does not mince his words or take prisoners - fantastic