Sign in to follow this  
gitto

What does your intuition really tell you?

Dav1dson - thank you for you insights. After initially thinking "what the hell are they doing?", my gut feeling is that it might just work. I am now quite excited about the prospect of AN coming in and shaking things up. Just because he is young doesn''t mean he can''t manage older players. Perhaps there are a few he needs to get rid of. How about we get behind him (if appointed) and the team over the next few months and see where it takes us? There is always a reason to doubt a manager - how about a touch of optimism?

[quote user="Hungry Like The Wolf"]Dav1dson - thank you for you insights. After initially thinking "what the hell are they doing?", my gut feeling is that it might just work. I am now quite excited about the prospect of AN coming in and shaking things up. Just because he is young doesn''t mean he can''t manage older players. Perhaps there are a few he needs to get rid of. How about we get behind him (if appointed) and the team over the next few months and see where it takes us? There is always a reason to doubt a manager - how about a touch of optimism?[/quote]Agreed. It''s good to hear the genuine opinions of people like Dav1dson and thanks to him and some of the real Accies I am more excited about this appointment than I thought I would be.It could be a disaster, it could be fantastic. Let''s give the bloke a chance and see what happens.

His cocky looking smallness already annoys me!

He just reminds me of every annoying, cocky small man I''ve ever had the misfortune of looking down on!

[quote user="Herman "]It could be a disaster, it could be fantastic. Let''s give the bloke a chance and see what happens.[/quote]I don''t think people have it in for Wee Jimmy personally and want to see him fail. It''s Big Davie whom people are ultimately questioning.

an interesting choice, going for the Lambert scenario again I think, got a feeling it may work ok but not at all sure its a good idea, but behind him anyway and happy to see where it all goes

My intuition tells me that the board have once again failed to pay the going rate for a manager capable of getting us out of this league. He may do OK but it is a very big gamble in a make or break season!

I am not at all surprised but still feel let down once again.

Just goes to prove that if it is possible to cock thing up then our board certainly will.

Don''t get me wrong I will give him my support but can''t help feeling that he may get us out of this league into Division 1.

deltic31 wrote the following post at 08/01/2015 9:43 PM:

My intuition tells me that the board have once again failed to pay the going rate for a manager capable of getting us out of this league. He may do OK but it is a very big gamble in a make or break season!

Just goes to prove that if it is possible to cock thing up then our board certainly will.

Don''t get me wrong I will give him my support but can''t help feeling that he may get us out of this league into Division 1.

Please share your opinion on who the manager capable of promotion is? We clearly are going to be nowhere near the relegation zone so that is just nonsense. How can you feel let down when none of us know what to expect? He is the unknown and i find that far more exiting than a Warnock / Sherwood type appointment.

[quote user="deltic31"]My intuition tells me that the board have once again failed to pay the going rate for a manager capable of getting us out of this league. He may do OK but it is a very big gamble in a make or break season!

Don''t get me wrong I will give him my support but can''t help feeling that he may get us out of this league into Division 1.[/quote]So you''ll give him your support but retain the option of saying, "I told you so", should it go wrong.Nothing like going out on a limb[:D]

[quote user="estrada rumtotal"][quote user="Herman "]It could be a disaster, it could be fantastic. Let''s give the bloke a chance and see what happens.[/quote]I don''t think people have it in for Wee Jimmy personally and want to see him fail. It''s Big Davie whom people are ultimately questioning.[/quote]Hmmm, I get the feeling you have him down as a failure already. Well done on the stereotypical Scottish nickname,I am sure you''ll get the most out of that.

He is the unknown and i find that far more exiting than a Warnock / Sherwood type appointment.

Its ironic that you find it exiting!!

my intuition tells me eddie howe is a wuss who probably lives with his parents and can only work at bournemouth . my intuition tells me most out of work managers are out of work for a reason namely they have fu(ked up there previous job, my intuition tells me tony pulis is at west brom and he is the only sur thing as far as a manager goes so why the heck not ? when my mate texted me about lambert getting the job when i was in majorca on holiday i was absolutely non plussed to the point of depression but look how that turned out it was like it was written in the stars , so who can tell how this one will turn out ? lets just support the bloke [:D]

I am not saying that I won''t support him. I am saying that its is a thoroughly underwhelming appointment. The Scottish leagues bear no resemblance to the Championship. How people can praise the wisdom of McNally in all this beats me!

The only reason he has gone for him is that he is cheap!

Is he cheap? Wouldn''t it be cheaper to go and get an out of work, no-compo type guy?

Dissapointed by the appointment but got that off my chest on a number of other threads. We have him now, I think, so I wish him every success and good luck.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="estrada rumtotal"][quote user="Herman "]It could be a disaster, it could be fantastic. Let''s give the bloke a chance and see what happens.[/quote]I don''t think people have it in for Wee Jimmy personally and want to see him fail. It''s Big Davie whom people are ultimately questioning.[/quote]Hmmm, I get the feeling you have him down as a failure already. Well done on the stereotypical Scottish nickname,I am sure you''ll get the most out of that. [/quote]Every time we score a goal I will be off my seat shouting "Crackerjack!"

If Alex Neil had arrived in the same set of circumstances Lambert found himself I''m sure he would preform admirably.

One league lower, the weight of expectation far lower, players who have yet to sample the Prem then given his record in Scotland and all the plaudits he''s amassed I''m sure success would be ours to enjoy.

As it stands that''s not where we find ourselves and whilst like most of us I really do hope it works out well as we can''t afford yet another disaster I''m concerned the job at hand may simply be too great.

The Board in its current form can''t ride another managerial disaster unscathed, I suspect our historic patience may soon be tested beyond breaking point.

Some really good thoughts here, and some exceptions, but the insight from dav1dson is useful and constructive.

What does my intuition tell me? Well I have that same sort of feeling that you get when about to do something you''ve never done before but have to, like when I first had to stand up in front of a huge room of people and gave a talk. Or when in a helicopter and the pilot cut the engine to show what it could do. A sort of excited but bl**dy nervous feeling.

I really really want this to work out, but I can''t help feeling that while there may be a blip it will not end happily, and if he proves me wrong and we do get promoted what then- will he be able to make us credible against some of the biggest teams in Europe if not the world? I''d like to hope so but how can he do that with so little practical hands on experience? There''s just a bit of a logic gap there somehow, a sense of the heart ruling the head.

The reason so many clubs go for the more "mature" option is that those guys have made their mistakes and hopefully learned from them. Mr Neil will make them with us and we will evolve and follow with him. Adams wasn''t given time to learn from his mistakes, will our new man?

As I have said in another thread I think the key here is just as much about Mike Phelan as Alex Neil. If MP stays and can work well with AN than I think that will be crucial to success. If AN is too much "his own man" and doesn''t work well with MP I can see it getting quite difficult.

I for one really don''t get the whole Lennon thing, he was managing a club with the biggest budget in a league where he had had no real competition, of course he was successful, I probably could be in those circumstances, yes he has got Bolton going (sort of) but what''s to say our new man wouldn''t do exactly the same at those respective clubs.

Is it as much of a gamble as we think..... Got to give the guy a chance, he certainly has more experience at managing than our last "manager" did.

He''s saying the right things, but putting them into practice will be the telling factor...

Agree with Proper Charlie, give him a fighting chance and new blood could be just what we need.

Apples

My intuition is that we are taking a calculated gamble on McNally''s choice of what he terms a ''winner''. It worked with Lambert, but there are no guarantees that it will work again.

Neil is a strong character, yes, and that''s probably a good thing. He''s right to insist that he has the say over who comes and goes and I don''t really see a problem there.

He talks the talk:

“Of course, I’m not silly,” he said. “I know people will be saying, ‘Who is this wee guy? Who does he think he is?’ That’s exactly how it will be approached but my job is to make sure, first and foremost, I get the respect of people as I’ve done here and throughout my career. If you treat people properly, hopefully you’ll get that in return.”

Now we need to see if he''walks the walk'' as well and the players, Phelan and Holt respond to him.

my intuition screams god he is young. But so was Howe when he started his successful run... ditto all those fans clamouring for Karl Robinson who despite proportionately large resources has gotten progressively worse from Paul Inces MK Dons inheritance. At least Neil has achieved promotion and taken on teh higher league with success.

But as with players if you are good enough your are old enough.

Unlike adams he has"some" experience managing a club and has been successful at it and any trawl of youtube or fan forums gives a flavour of why he has done well, articulate, combatative, intense and demanding of his players who he expects to work hard and play good football and score goals. Sounds like the norwich way with grit.

The furore of this appointment compared to the meek acceptance of Adams twice is laughable.

Of course its a step up but nothing suggests he has any less chance of succeeding than any available option. Every signing is a gamble.

To those hoping for a poached Howe etc get real; sitting top of a financed club and a history of failure away from teh south coast. Howe is a talent - but we are not the immediate draw of say a villa or everton to tempt him away and where he is likely to next land.

He is a bold appointment and far from a cheap or puppet one. As fans embrace this boldness and get behind the team - we have 5 months to succeed. He has to land running.

Massively brave appointment by McNally, everyone else on the bookies list had failed somewhere and certainly failed to inspire any excitement.

Certainly going to kick some much needed life into the club as the season looked to being on course to fade away.

Problems with his age? No.

Will he have problems with senior players? Maybe but he looks capable of dealing with it and to be frank it''s those same players that are partly responsible for the position we find ourselves in so a good kicking is in order.

Intuition? We''ll see a distinct change in atmosphere and approach, finish in the top six and possibly scrape automatic as all of the sides above are well capable of having a bad run.

Is this really any worse than going for a lg1 manager? His success is at least comparable with anyone in a lower league. the insight from hamilton fans has been good (thanks for taking the time). Big thing for me is he has a vision for the team, because we don''t look like we have had a consistent idea of what were doing so far, if Adams had stayed and we somehow got promoted through the play offs I don''t feel we are anywhere developed enough as a team with a way of playing to maintain premier league status. It might fail, but seeing as where we are I think the gamble is worth taking at least for the next six months.

That we''re onto a winner here. I have that same kind of excited (I bet this guy is going to turn us around) feeling I had when we appointed Lambert. I was happy with ''safe hands'' Hughton and I was willing to give Adams a chance but this is the second guy in our modern era who excites and very much impresses me.

Gunn was doomed to fail, Roeder was an average journeyman, Grant worried me and Worthington was already in place when I started supporting so it''s great to have a charismatic, tough, winner who deploys the type of football we like to get behind again.

I''ve just got that feeling again. No ''lets give him a chance'' or anything, we''re onto a winner here. Let''s get right behind him because I''m certain he''ll get us going.

My intuition is that many of you Norwich fans look down on scottish football ..teams like Dundee united Hamilton accies Aberdeen Inverness would be in the top six in the English championship.. You don''t need to spend millions to develop a youth system that produces up comming talent .alex Neil knows how to mix experience with youth ..and I noticed you have some great players like hooper .give him a chance he will change your style of play to good attacking football ..great passing game ..he will get you in the premiership

And for the record Aberdeen fc beat Groningen fc in Europe in holland this season and are currently top of the spl .hamilton accies are still in the title race ..Dundee united have the best youth system in Scotland play better style of football than Celtic ..and I''m a Dundee fc fan the dark blue rival of the tangerine Arabs of Dundee united lol

It''s typical english arrogance saying who is Alex Neil.. I''d say who is Norwich city? Hopefully Alex Neil gets rid of the dead wood that is holding you back .guys that go to you''re club for a pay day.thats the difference between Scottish and English football ..we bleed youth ..you guys bleed money for over rated egostiscal players ..Alex Neil will change that ..give him time he is not Paul daniels

My intuition is positive.

It feels a bit like Gunn out Lambert in to me although the situation is very different in other ways.

As someone said on twitter; has McNally got his mojo back? Could be.

I backed Adams and while this is different I am also inclined to back this bold young manager.

Listening to the game today I like the fact Neil couldn''t just sit and watch but got involved.

Come away from this game with something now and I''ll put it down to Alex Neil galvanising the team.

Alex Neil is no mug .get your fans behind him ..reality says Norwich city are a run of the mill team in England this is the best chance you will have of going forward get behind the man Alex Neil he will produce