Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Shhhhhhhhh.......

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/derby_county_chief_john_vicars_calls_portman_road_a_library_and_says_he_is_amused_that_his_team_beat_ipswich_town_1_3912963

Watching the extended highlights of this game on the Football League Show ...(I felt dirty afterwards, but there we are), I was struck on the acres of empty space in the stands at the Portaloo.OK, it was an early match, and on live TV, but nonetheless it was a meeting on a pretty nice day of two of the top 3 in the Championship . A win for either could have put them top or top equal. Dammit we even did them a favour by beating the other top 3 team! Yet this potentially mouthwatering prospect attracted a crowd of just over 20,000 . That , in a stadium that can comfortably house 30,000.Contrast that  with the 26000 at Carrow Rd for a woeful display versus a struggling Reading in November.

According to a Binner mate of mine, who went, that there were cheap tickets as well, yet they still can''t fill it.

Btw, I haven''t heard back from him since after 5 p.m Saturday...................................................

As a group of fans, if that''s the correct word, they seem very nervous about their position in the league, it''s good news cos that sort of feeling in the crowd can soon affect the players confidence.

Agree Jenkins, its like they know they are over achieving, and the bubble will burst any minute. And they know full well the top teams will strengthen in January, whereas I doubt they will.

In fact its more likely that they will lose players.