Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Why was Whittaker substitued today

I only listened to the radio and is was not clear

Was his substitution tactical or was he injured

If it was tactical why wasn''t Bennett warming up ?

Bennett''s pulled hamstring after being on the pitch 7 mins is normally due to sprinting from cold ?

Does anyone know what happened ?

Whittaker was ill prior to game and couldn''t play any longer. It was a last minute decision to put Bennett on hence failure to warm up.

All in Neil''s post match interview on another thread

If he was that ill before the game he shouldn''t have been on the pitch.

Doesn''t really matter because of the result but it''s an extra substitution in the game that you may need elsewhere which unfortunately has cost us a centre back as well now

It was Delia. She doesn''t like that her appointment was asked to resign so in an act of sabotage she gave Whittaker a cup of dodgey tea to give him an upset tummy knowing that it is one of our weaker positions with little cover.

Well played Delia.

Theirs been a virus going around Conley last few weeks and Whittaker became ill yesterday morning.

As previouse poster said he shouldn''t have played from the start.

[quote user="chicken"]It was Delia. She doesn''t like that her appointment was asked to resign so in an act of sabotage she gave Whittaker a cup of dodgey tea to give him an upset tummy knowing that it is one of our weaker positions with little cover.

Well played Delia.[/quote]Exactly what I heard [Y]

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]seriously, Russel Martin was down injured a few minutes prior, got walloped by Ruddy, surely Bennett should have been sent to warm up then? I think the hamstring for Ryan was totally preventable.[/quote]

I did think the same. Absolutely gutted for him and for us. Surely players should be warming up anyway? We used to warm up on the touchline at school most of the game and there was every chance of not even getting on lol

Whittaker shouldn''t have been on the pitch at all if he was sick, Martin needs to be told in no uncertain terms that he''s a right back, that''s where he''s needed, and he can either play there or leave. RB is by far the most important position we need to be recruiting in these next two weeks. If the only player we sign in January is a genuinely top class RB, I will be quite happy.

[quote user=" Green and Yellow"]Whittaker played a stinker. During the first half Redmond saved him more than once.[/quote]He was beaten too easily for their first goal for example - and Redmond had a few strong words with him as well. Don''t mind that though.