Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Bounremouth v Norwich fallout

Firstly it was not handball for our first goal. Handball has to be deliberate and there''s no way that happened, secondly are we appealing the red card ?   BTW the fans were superb let''s make it the same at Carrow Road.   

Agreed though it may be hard to argue an appeal on the red as it was two footed from the back albeit a good tackle. Btw Swindon I notice that our young loanee Louis whatshisname has played pretty much every game for the Town. Any feedback?

Apparently Thomson is pushing for player of the year, you can see how he plays as Coventry v  Swindon is on the box tonight.Don''t really pay a lot of attention to what''s happening at Swindon Town, so can''t help a lot, sorry. 

[quote user="bristolcanary"]it may be hard to argue an appeal on the red as it was two footed from the back [/quote]It was from the side, not from the back.[img]http://s16.postimg.org/3wwx2vp5h/Capture.jpg[/img]

It was also not two footed and he got the ball, yes it was a tough challenge but there was nothing wrong with it, hopefully we will appeal because there is no doubt in my mind that it will be overturned.

Having seen it a few times...very harsh but when viewed from the Ref angle it looked as though it was from the back and he went through the player......all that said even then it was only ever a yellow at best.....never red.

What I noticed was how quick he wanted to get the red out....he was getting it out of his pocket even before the tackle had been completed.

It was handball as we gained a clear advantage but thats football sometimes we get these breaks, god knows we''ve had enough go against us.....so take that thanks.

Great performance even Turner not a fan but did well.

Personally thought it was a handball because the ball travelled a long way and Turner didn''t make any attempt to get his hand out of the way, passing it to Hooper with his arm. However, having said, he looked as if he may have been a cherries supporter with the general decisions he was making. Howson''s obviously wasn''t even a foul; good strong tackle where he got the ball.

It was a definite handball. You are misinterpreting the use of the word deliberate. In this instance it doesn''t mean somebody has to punch the ball on purpose for it to be handball.

As the ball came over the players I feel Turner didn''t see the ball ''till the last minute and couldn''t get his hand out of the way. Anyway Chris Foy has history with us, remember Bunn''s sending off a Sunderland ?  Plus I believe he is too quick getting out the cards, just look at these states !

Irrespective of the angle of approach, both feet were off the floor in the tackle. Although you could argue a red is harsh, by the letter of the law he did jump into the challenge with studs showing and as such was endangering an opponent. I don''t think it was a red, but I would be very surprised if the FA overturn it.

Re the Chris Foy history, I thought the Bunn sending off was justified but not the Bassong penalty-also seen to recall another decision going against us in that match but can''t remember what!

In my mind it was one of those tackles that either is deemed not a foul at all, or ends up with a straight red. It was clear Howson won the ball, so any foul is going to be for dangerous foul play leading to a red.

Relieved this is about the Howson tackle, I was worried there had been a development in the "Did Mike Phelan shake hands with Alex Neil or just disappear early" question, which is the one one small shadow over an excellent weekend.