Sign in to follow this  
Year of the tiger

Yesterday

Following City home & away every week for the last 50 odd years you sometimes wonder why. Then just occasionally a game comes along which says that''s why, that''s what makes it all worthwhile. Yesterday was right up there with the recent highs, Huddersfield away in League 1, the Leicester night match in the Championship, 5-1,the draw at Anfield. Fans supporting the team not abusing the opposition & each other all the time. A new start? At least I can dream for a week.

Yeah, it''s all going to be great and harmonious until we lose a game, or two games, or draw a game, or Alex Neil moves on to a bigger club, or Alex Neil fails and we part company.  Until then Delia is a wonderful caring human being with the best interests of the club at heart, McNally is a footballing genius, the half time pies are culinary perfection, season ticket prices are reasonable and Bradley Johnson is the Norfolk Pirlo.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Yeah, it''s all going to be great and harmonious until we lose a game, or two games, or draw a game, or Alex Neil moves on to a bigger club, or Alex Neil fails and we part company.  Until then Delia is a wonderful caring human being with the best interests of the club at heart, McNally is a footballing genius, the half time pies are culinary perfection, season ticket prices are reasonable and Bradley Johnson is the Norfolk Pirlo.[/quote]

Sometimes your cynicism is out of place.  There is every cause for optimism and a feeling that finally we have another manager who can match or - emulate - a previous Scottish manager.  We know we have the ability in the squad, this man looks to have the right qualities to get the best out of them. Even if we lose the odd match, I can''t see us being as poor looking under this manager as previous ones - his demeanour and attitude would stop any kind of negaivity in its tracks.  

The start of Yesterday

The top spot seemed so far away

Now we''re only 8 points away

Because I believe, we won away

Suddenly, we''re the team we should''ve been

Now other teams will fade away

Oh yesterday, came suddenly

Why, he, had to go we all know, but he wouldn''t say

We said, somethings wrong and we long for more yesterday

yesterday

....or sumfin like that

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Yeah, it''s all going to be great and harmonious until we lose a game, or two games, or draw a game, or Alex Neil moves on to a bigger club, or Alex Neil fails and we part company.  Until then Delia is a wonderful caring human being with the best interests of the club at heart, McNally is a footballing genius, the half time pies are culinary perfection, season ticket prices are reasonable and Bradley Johnson is the Norfolk Pirlo.[/quote]

Sometimes your cynicism is out of place.  There is every cause for optimism and a feeling that finally we have another manager who can match or - emulate - a previous Scottish manager.  We know we have the ability in the squad, this man looks to have the right qualities to get the best out of them. Even if we lose the odd match, I can''t see us being as poor looking under this manager as previous ones - his demeanour and attitude would stop any kind of negaivity in its tracks.  

[/quote]I''m merely highlighting that 90% of the posters on this board are suddenly bipolar.This week to week lurching from "Awful!" to "Brilliant!" is amusing to watch, of course, but it''s hard to take any of you seriously at the moment.

Part of what I was saying was that the fans yesterday spent most of the time supporting the team & not concentrating on denegating the opposition fans or lack of them which has become the norm. Yes there was the usual My garden shed etc but the singing was mainly directed at the players and that is when most people will join in.Those at the front who chose to sit weren''t abused as they have been at various places this season & last.

You''ve been a supporter for fifty years, you say.Why not use that fifty years of experience to predict how long this new era of goodwill to all fellow City fans will last?I repeat - it will be until we lose a couple of games.

that long? Knowing our fans I''d say 30 minutes at home to Cardiff if we aren''t 3 up!

I think you miss the point of the post as I''m not saying this is a brave new world, more how every so often a game comes along to remind you why we put ourselves through the pain.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]that long? Knowing our fans I''d say 30 minutes at home to Cardiff if we aren''t 3 up![/quote]Yes, that''s far more like the club I know and love...[quote user="Year of the tiger"]I''m not saying this is a brave new world, more how every so often a game comes along to remind you why we put ourselves through the pain.[/quote]Sorry, I was confused by this bit in your OP:[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Fans supporting the team not

abusing the opposition & each other all the time. A new start? At

least I can dream for a week
.[/quote]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]So people will lose faith in the manager if we start to lose games. *Shocker[/quote]I love it when you play hard to get, you little minx.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]This week to week lurching from "Awful!" to "Brilliant!" is amusing to watch, of course, but it''s hard to take any of you seriously at the moment.

[/quote]Well it''s obviously escaped your notice Bore, so I''d better regale you with the facts.  You see,one or two things have happened and are different this week compared to last. Old manager gone and new one appointed. Abject defeat by a team in a lower division to a stirring victory away to the league leaders. You know ...minor inconsequential trivia like that sort of thing.So, the only thing that''s not really to be taken seriously is you, and your unfunny smart@rsed cynical witterings like those above.Oh, and just another thing......you have just likened Miggo to a ''minx'' . Recently you have offered advice to myself and others about a ''child bride'' . It seems, worryingly ,that you appear to have the same sort of fixation over this sexual deviancy as another regular poster on here has with his evident penis fetish.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]This week to week lurching from "Awful!" to "Brilliant!" is amusing to watch, of course, but it''s hard to take any of you seriously at the moment.

[/quote]Well it''s obviously escaped your notice Bore, so I''d better regale you with the facts.  You see,one or two things have happened and are different this week compared to last. Old manager gone and new one appointed. Abject defeat by a team in a lower division to a stirring victory away to the league leaders. You know ...minor inconsequential trivia like that sort of thing.So, the only thing that''s not really to be taken seriously is you, and your unfunny smart@rsed cynical witterings like those above.Oh, and just another thing......you have just likened Miggo to a ''minx'' . Recently you have offered advice to myself and others about a ''child bride'' . It seems, worryingly ,that you appear to have the same sort of fixation over this sexual deviancy as another regular poster on here has with his evident penis fetish.[/quote]You need to ask your mate Barclay48/49 about the child bride stuff, that''s his fetish and not mine.Also see if you can find out why he needs two seats, there''s a good lad.  I wouldn''t want to assume the spare''s for his underage wife.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]You need to ask your mate Barclay48/49 about the child bride stuff, that''s his fetish and not mine.

[/quote]...so that would be why, in the ''Onwards and Upwards'' thread last evening, in a reply to me directly, you enquired about my penchant for child brides too, then?If I  for one minute thought that you''d ever had the plot, Bore, I''d be forgiven for thinking that you''d lost it .

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]You need to ask your mate Barclay48/49 about the child bride stuff, that''s his fetish and not mine.[/quote]...so that would be why, in the ''Onwards and Upwards'' thread last evening, in a reply to me directly, you enquired about my penchant for child brides too, then?[/quote]Yes, after you brought your mate Barclay 48/49 into the conversation in another of your little point-scoring attempts.  I also recall I called you both "twunts," and I stand by that statement.[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]If I  for one minute thought that you''d ever had the plot, Bore, I''d be forgiven for thinking that you''d lost it .[/quote]I wouldn''t make any assumptions about anything like that, Reggie.  Very hard to tell where reality begins and ends.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Yes, after you brought your mate Barclay 48/49 into the conversation in another of your little point-scoring attempts.  I also recall I called you both "twunts," and I stand by that statement.

[/quote]Oh, the irony........

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Isn''t it possible to take pleasure in yesterday''s game, without all this rubbish?[/quote]Pretty much what I suggested to the old Bore in the Quiet Messageboard thread last evening, Tiger......

"Just grow up FFS, and enjoy this evening, without resorting to your tedious unfunny smart ** comments. There''s a good lad."

But clearly he doesn''t see it that way. That''s me done on this anyway.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]You''ve been a supporter for fifty years, you say.Why not use that fifty years of experience to predict how long this new era of goodwill to all fellow City fans will last?I repeat - it will be until we lose a couple of games.

[/quote]

That has to be the funniest point this year........you a Norwich supporter talking about how long the" good will" will last......well on post on this thread tganks to you Bor :😁

That should stat One post on this thread......on my phobe again.😜

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]We new what you were trying to tipe, Andy.

Reggie, SCOREBOARD! You won that hands down. Point by point, you nailed it.[/quote]And in rolls the resident redneck with his North Korean approach to reality.  This thread is like flypaper for tw*ts.