Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

A Weak Defence?

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7I5LZxCAAA1H9T.png[/img](that better show, it shows up if I preview the message)An interesting chart which plots shots against vs shots for.  As you can see we have by far the best shots per game ratio, and the best prevention of shots ratios too.  So what on earth has happened to lead us to concede so many goals?  The table seems to correlate quite nicely with league position, and shows how tight it can be as a lot of teams cluster around the middle.We are a massive anomaly though.  And it goes to show that something is seriously awry in our defence.

I think you might have lost me. All I would say is that some of the teams may be cheating as they appear to be playing on grass that is not green.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I think you might have lost me. All I would say is that some of the teams may be cheating as they appear to be playing on grass that is not green.[/quote]Quite straight forward isn''t it.  We have a lot of shots on goal each game, and don''t face many shots on goal.  Yet our defensive record is poor.

I''ve been saying all season that we''ve got a porous defence, even at the start of the season we would have half a dozen shots at goal, then the opposition would go down the other end and score with their first shot !