Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Mark Bunn

Just joined Twitter and naively has twice moaned about not playing. I can sympathise with him as he has never let us down and he''s caught in a tough place but he''s been foolish to tweet that even if he is too good to be sat on the bench for us.

The problem is, if suddenly Ruddy leaves this month, Bunn will be essential as it''s a big ask to hand the gloves to Rudd and i''m always apprehensive about having to go out and buy a new keeper halfway through the season.

I rate the guy especially at this level and from what ive seen of him and the little ive seen of Rudd i would say hes better then Rudd. Too good to be a 3rd choice keeper in the championship.

Hes not very good anyway. We were trying to ger rid before he got injured. Rudd is no. 2

Also he tweeted how he hates Monday''s. Hes a footballer for god sake. Show some appreciation

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]why is it a big ask to hand the gloves to a 23 year old who is closing in on 100 career games?[/quote]

We''d be going from an England goalkeeper (okay 4th choice atm) to a guy who has barely played above the third tier. He may end up being the next Neuer (unlikely) but it''s that step into the unknown i''d be apprehensive about, especially half way through the season. If he had a summer and a preseason to prepare, i''d be up for it.

Ffs why are our fans so reluctant to trust our own young players? Rudd had a successful season at PNE last year and is a real long term prospect so if Ruddy leaves he should be the only one even considered to start. Bunn has never been a first choice in his career apart from the odd spell on loan and never looked comfortable for us.

Why are some fans so eager to promote our youth players at every available opportunity regardless of how good/bad they are

Rudd did well in league one for Preston, Bunn played 3/4 of the season in the Premier League...as it stands Bunn is better than Rudd

[quote user="Yobocop"]Why are some fans so eager to promote our youth players at every available opportunity regardless of how good/bad they are

Rudd did well in league one for Preston, Bunn played 3/4 of the season in the Premier League...as it stands Bunn is better than Rudd[/quote]

He is no longer a youth player. He is 23 and has played nearly a hundred games, many in this league. He has a better all round game than Bunn, who I, and many more, have never been confident in.

He''s played 70 club games, next to none of them in this league. I don''t necessarily think you''re wrong, but don''t make things up.

I''ve looked at the tweets & I don''t think he''s moaning, he just seems desperate to play which is understandable.

Mar Bunn seems like someone who actually wants to play football rather than sit on his arse collecting his wages, maybe the club can sort a loan move for him or move him on if they feel Rudd is now indeed our No.2.

Agreed Adycakes, people would be quick to moan if he was happy to just collect his wages and had no ambitions to play for the first team.