Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Transfer Targets - Sky Sports Source

What i plucked from another website. Graeme Bailey works for sky sports, is what they call "a sky sports source".

By Graeme Bailey

New Norwich City boss Alex Neil is ready to return to his former club, Hamilton, for midfield star Tony Andreu, Goal understands.The 26-year-old Frenchman was signed by boss Alex Neil in the summer of 2013 and he has since become one of the stars of the Scottish game.Currently top scorer in the country''s top flight, he signed a new long-term contract with Academicals in May but the club know that they could not resist any decent offer and they are now braced to lose him."Hamilton know that they cannot keep hold of Andreu and, with Alex at Norwich, it is hard to see that deal not happening," a source told Goal.Neil is now ready to submit an offer in the hope of completing a quick deal for Andreu before switching his sights elsewhere.He also has interest in some of his other former Hamilton chargers in the shape of Ziggy Gordon, Stephen Hendrie and Ali Crawford, while Rangers'' Nicky Law is another whom Neil is understood to rate highly.

Hope we are carefull and dont go down the Brellier, Ian Murray, Lappin route again. More of the james mccarthy, snodgrass route please.

Well, we''ve done the Scottish transfers under Gunn and Grant which didn''t turn out so brilliantly, but if we pick carefully I''m sure there''s some good ones to be had. The problem as ever is that a great looking SPL player may well be no better than a mid-Champs one.

That league is so poor, but players like Andrew Robertson who joined Hull from Dundee United in the summer show there are some real gems there.

I joined up here to see how Alex Neil is doing, I''m a Bearts fan myself but was really impressed with his Accies team.

Anyway, I wouldn''t read much into being linked with Rangers players, especially from Sky Sports. Jim White is dyed in the wool Rangers and seem to have influence at Sky. They are bankrupt and are trying to flog all the players they can so their players are constantly being linked with other teams without much base for it, to try and get them noticed and bought by other teams. Next week you''ll probably want another 5 of their players.

I''d be very surprised if Neil really wanted Nicky Law, or any Rangers players.

Anyway - good luck for the season, I hope Neil does well for you, he really deserves to.

Would be too annoyed if he went for the younger lads considering the accies youth policy of late. However I do think it''s also probably a bit of lazy journalism In the respect that he''s always going to want to work with favourites that he knows inside and out. He''s always looked at those type of players because he''s had no choice in the matter...I''m sure the board and scouts have already identified possible players for each position, now up to AN to decide who and what he wants.

I seem to remember reading that Andreu is a leading scorer, if not the leading scorer, in the Scots Prem, and this as a midfielder.

If this is true, and he is any good defensively or creatively, then he seems quite player and well worthy to spalsh some money on.

I thought our transfer policy in this window is any player who will improve the team, not the squad, so I wouldn''t say any of these players are any better than we already have.  I''d rather Phelan used his knowledge and influence at some of the English Premier league clubs to find us a right back, left footed winger and centre back.

Please, just get us a capable right back.Failing that, a decent centre back (no, not Bassong) so that Martin can switch over to right back.Do that and with just one signing the team is considerably improved.

A right back to replace both Whittaker and Martin is a must for me, neither are good enough anymore.

As I said on here before, Bruno from Brighton is the best I have seem at Carrow Road this season. Give Hughton Bassong as a swap deal

Outside of that as everyone else has mentioned an out and out left winger is a must.