Sign in to follow this  
daly

Dejected lambert

Lambert was the right man for Norwich at the time he joined and went on a fantastic run with us. But at Prem level he is now revealed to be nothing more typical hoofball merchant who is competent at keeping a mid-sized club in the division. Even if he had stayed here and was given pots of money to spend we wouldn''t have finished any higher than midtable.A lot of plastics are scratching their heads at Lambert''s relative lack of success since leaving Norwich. The lesson that needs to be learned is that hoofball equals premiership midtable at most, Stoke being a good example. For a club of our size with no sugar daddy it means no more than a three year stay in the top division on the rare occasion that we get there. The recent appointment of Alex Neil, yet another kick and rush manager, shows that Norwich are still blind to reality despite two decades of failure.We can only become an established Premiership club after another relegation to League One, at which time the club''s fifth columnists within the media and supporters'' groups will turn on the owners and force them out.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Just days after Lambert took the Villa job the spurs job became available... he must have been kicking himself!

Lambert was a hot prospect when with us and Villa, rightly, snapped up an exciting manager destined for even better.

it hasn''t worked out for him at Villa and he''s gone from being in demand to "just another manager"... He might get a prem job.. but it wont be a top one...

He must sit there and wonder why they hell he didn''t chuck it in at villa as soon as the role at spurs came up...

[quote user="Newton"]chicken wrote the following post at 11/01/2015 10:25 PM:

I think he might consider returning if the conditions were right and big Mac wasn''t part of the set up anymore.

Hi Chicken I think u will find all McNally was doing was conveying the boards decision (Delias instructions) that he could not have £10M to spend on players in the coming transfer window

A very fool hardy decision by the board as it panned out

They called Lamberts bluff & failed - Lambert told them to stuff the club (thanks Delia good one)[/quote]

Oh Newton, you are so predictable. Did you once try it on with Delia and she turned you down?

Nobody has said they never expected Lambert to stay, he was always going to leave at some point, it was the manner in which he left, which has stirred the pot up, and subsequent ire

I''m sure Lambert is crying into his massive wad of cash.

Ultimately, Villa are 13th, that''s not that bad really. What do they expect? Yes they had a dodgy result versus Leicester but we all know he''s a big game manager and you watch him take a surprising amount of points from them 4 games.

His purchases of Vlaar, Benteke and Sanchez in particular have been masterstrokes.

Villa fans should be careful what they wish for.

Loved it when Lambert was with us, brilliant times.

I was disappointed he left, but he appears to be struggling since losing the other two who were here with him. I think they were an excellent management team, not as convinced by him on his own.