Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

Je suis Neal / Je suis ne pas Neal?

What about it the folks?

Whats your opinion now & will it have changed by Saturday teatime?

Me, yes I''m fairly happy with the appointment, although it maybe looking t long term success rather than this season?

Judgement reserved, I''m not jumping to conclusions. Note however our target for the season has diminished from automatic promotion spots to top six.

Looks like we''re back in Houghton/Hughton territory again (guilty myself).

But yes, I like the thinking behind his appointment, and am prepared to allow for some delayed gratification. Good things come to those who wait.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]What about it the folks? Whats your opinion now & will it have changed by Saturday teatime? Me, yes I''m fairly happy with the appointment, although it maybe looking t long term success rather than this season? Judgement reserved, I''m not jumping to conclusions. Note however our target for the season has diminished from automatic promotion spots to top six.[/quote]

Voice, I think you''re wise to reserve judgment. On your last point, however, I believe that target is what was set for Alex Neil by David McNally. I doubt that Alex Neil is prepared to limit himself to that target if he is as ambitious as has been suggested, particularly if he''s able to hold on to the present quality in the squad and only replace someone if he believes it strengthens us. However, if a couple of our top players leave us in the transfer window then that, of course, is an entirely different matter.