Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Swans want Olsson

The Daily Mail is suggesting they want Olsson. Thoughts? I say sell for a ridiculous amount of money, now that they have plenty from the Bony sale.

I''d rather keep him.

We need to keep our better players if we are serious about promotion.

I agree we should ask for a ridiculous sum of money now we know exactly what they''ve received for Bony.

We don''t need to sell but if they offered say 5-6mil for him when we paid 2 then I''d be happy as we can replace him for that and put money towards strengthening other positions.

Lol, what makes you think that just because they have money to spend, that they will break the bank to buy Olsson?

Then they don''t want him that much Morty do they?? We don''t need to sell and they want him. After receiving 28million for bony it''s hardly "breaking the bank"

Sell for anything above the 2m we paid and buy the lad from Accies that Neil managed. He is aleerting several prem sides but they may not take the gamble due to the step up in class. I''m sure he would jump at the chance to play under his former manager and play regular games here.

Honestly don''t see the hype surrounding Olsson if i''m honest.. Selling him and replacing with a young hungry attacking left back would be us strengthening!

I think Olsson has been below par this season, so i think anything close to the £7m mark we should accept (as we have no need to sell, but a decent replacement in Garrido for Championship level).

So you think he has been below par this season, but also think someone will pay 7m?

Interesting....

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Sell for anything above the 2m we paid and buy the lad from Accies that Neil managed. He is aleerting several prem sides but they may not take the gamble due to the step up in class. I''m sure he would jump at the chance to play under his former manager and play regular games here.

Honestly don''t see the hype surrounding Olsson if i''m honest.. Selling him and replacing with a young hungry attacking left back would be us strengthening![/quote]

I''d go along with this one. Garrido is solid enough if the guy from Hamilton needs a bit of time to mature. Of our decent players, he''d be one of the first i''d feel comfortable parting with.

It depends on who we can get thats better than Olsson. I know some of you don''t rate him that highly but in the premiership he''s a good player, although I do admit he hasn''t been nearly as good this season.

If the swans go for him, I do wonder if Neil will then go for the Hamilton LB as I hear he''s quite good, however I do wish we could just keep him, like all of our players (except Whittiker bless him...sorry)

The Olsson not being as good this season, goes for all norwich players. It''s also the same as the Gerrard debate. He hasn''t been as good because Liverpool have reached nowhere near the standards they reached last time.Depends on whether we can actually get a young, hungry, and more importantly, talented LB to replace him!

[quote user="Woodman"]The Daily Mail is suggesting they want Olsson. Thoughts? I say sell for a ridiculous amount of money, now that they have plenty from the Bony sale.[/quote]

So it is actually only a newspaper ''suggesting''not as you claim that they want him

As far as I can tell most on this board seem in favour of selling all of our best players. If we harbour any ambition of even challenging for promotion, let alone playing PL football again, we should desperately be holding on to the likes of Olsson, Redmond, Ruddy and Hooper.

Olsson suffers from Lee Croft syndrome

he can do no wrong pretty much everyone else on the team can be run down

the only other player to come close is Tetty

Olsson has been ok this season certainly not the best left back in the league as we keep hearing on here

I disagree Paul, most people on this forum have said we should be using Garrido because it coincided with our winning/unbeaten streak at the start of the season.

I do wonder if the constant focus on Whittaker/Martin has meant that Olsson has had a fairly easy ride this season. Seems to me that a series of bang average performances have been able to slip under the radar because people are queuing up waiting for a mistake or opportunity to slate Whittaker.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]As far as I can tell most on this board seem in favour of selling all of our best players. If we harbour any ambition of even challenging for promotion, let alone playing PL football again, we should desperately be holding on to the likes of Olsson, Redmond, Ruddy and Hooper.[/quote]or maybe stop over exciting yourself about made up stuff in the media

Ideally we don''t want to sell our best players. But Swansea are flush with cash so if they are interested, if the price is right and the manager is happy to let him leave, I personally don''t think it would be a disaster. But that''s if we have a good replacement lined up. The Accies best prospect is Hendrie who is a LB and apparently attracting interest from PL clubs. If we had him lined up as a replacement, I would be happier. But at the end of the day it''s all just rumour.