Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

HOWSON

What a joke but should we be surprised ? FA are a bunch of goons and let''s face it we''re Norwich not Man u .

I know i''m in the minority amongst Canary fans... But I am looking forward to the next three games even more now. For me Johnny Howson does not bring enough to the team to warrant a place in the starting line and for large amounts of the game I find myself wondering is Howson even playing... He''s weak, no a defensive midfielder, not a great attacking creative threat... He''s a bit like Tom Cleverley! He''s just there...

Absolutely shocking from the FA, but you come to expect it. The referees and their decisions get far too much protection.Thankfully we have a deep enough squad to just about cope without Howson (hopefully), with the likes of Wes and Vadis and a few others who can step in and play a midfield role. Other teams don''t have that luxury, and just have to put up with appalling decisions on a matchday, and even worse decisions once this seemingly moronic FA panel has had the chance to view the incident multiple times on a TV screen.

The tackle is shown clearly on here How on gods earth is that a Yellow let alone red ?

http://e2.365dm.com/15/01/16-9/20/jonathan-howson-yann-kermorgant-norwich-bournemouth-red-card_3251256.jpg?20150113163745

The video evidence is as clear as can be. No intent, got to the ball first, the Bn''mth player was late to get there and got caught with Howson''s trailing leg.  Cast iron.  Bonkers.  The panel are a laughing stock.

Simply embarrassing.

Why Kermorgant then rolled about holding his head is also disgraceful.

Is this any surprise? If this was a Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs etc (all the fashionable clubs) player it would have been rescinded. After the last 3 and a half years I''m just numb to us being screwed over now. I never in a million years expected us to catch a break with this one

Absolutely disgusting decision by the FA....and one that clearly stinks of them not wanting to admit that one of their Premier League refs could have possibly made a mistake of that magnatude down at this level.

I for one will remember this the next time Foy shows his face at Carrow Rd.

Just about sums up the quality of officiating these days when a panel watching video evidence after the game can somehow back the decision for it to be worthy of a straight red card!!!

And our FA think FIFA is corrupt. If that had been an Arsenal,Chelsea,Man City et al player being watched by millions worldwide each week the card would have been rescinded as they wouldn''t want to damage the Premier League brand.

An absolute P*** take of a decision by a bunch of useless,self opinionated idiots

Just makes a mockery of the game when you see something like that upheld as an example of "serious foul play" and a 3 game ban.

Next weekend Chris Foy won''t even give a player a yellow card for the same thing. But he''ll still get his huge pay cheque while we''re without an important player.

I''m afraid these days once you jump in two-footed you are asking for trouble, whether you win the ball or not.

The fact his trailing leg catches the player is enough to warrant the red card being upheld in the FA''s eyes because he''s gone two-footed in the first place.

Most cards are upheld and very few rescinded so I don''t see it as big club bias in reverse either.

I expected it to be upheld, because, as mentioned above, there''s enough about it to make it stick.

Doesn''t make it right though.

[quote user="ruthers1"]I''m afraid these days once you jump in two-footed you are asking for trouble, whether you win the ball or not.

The fact his trailing leg catches the player is enough to warrant the red card being upheld in the FA''s eyes because he''s gone two-footed in the first place.

Most cards are upheld and very few rescinded so I don''t see it as big club bias in reverse either.[/quote]I''m not being funny, but doesn''t jumping in two-footed refer to leading with both feet, studs first? After all, every player has two feet; what other way is there to execute a tackle? Are you, perhaps, referring to the fact that Howson lunged in with both feet off the ground? Do the rules of the game denote that one foot must remain firmly on the ground as a tackle is executed. Is there a rule about not causing the opponent to fall over as you win the ball? I know that sounds a bit flippant but I do kind-of see what you are saying, as I''ve sometimes been a little uncomfortable with the apparent justification that it doesn''t matter how forcefully you took the player down providing you got the merest nick on the ball before the rest of you followed through.I guess what I am asking is, was it lunging in with both feet off the ground that ''earned'' the red card? Was it the velocity of the run-up? Or was it perhaps the perception (to observers) of intent?

I didn''t get a good look at Howson''s challenge at the match, but a few Bournemouth fans said it looked harsh.However with the benefit of seeing the video replay it was absolutely the correct decision to send Howson off. We''d be livid if an opponent went in two footed with a dangerous challenge on one of our own players.I don''t for one minute think Howson had any malicious intent, but he deserved the red card.

Was that always a 3 match ban, or was it a 1 match ban that got extended to 3 because we appealed? Even 1 match seems harsh, three totally excessive.

These days the ''physical'' (and I''m not talking Chopper Harris) tackle, seems to warrant a card. Not every tackle requires punishing by a free kick, or a card, and once that is resolved, the game will be a better product.

It was an auto 3 match ban as its a violent conduct straight red according to the rules; no additional sanction (so not a spurious appeal) imposed.