Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Should Aston Villa sack Paul Lambert?

"Villa are not even taking the scenic route to mediocrity and have

recently been dubbed the most boring team in Premier League history."

[quote user="Herman "]"Villa are not even taking the scenic route to mediocrity and have recently been dubbed the most boring team in Premier League history."[/quote]

Randy Lerner should really keep his mouth shut.

He''s struggling it seems without Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa to put his thoughts and philosophies onto the pitch through training. He hardly ever took training apparently whilst here, I bet he''s having to now. Shay Given the GK to train a load of outfield players and a hot headed Roy Keane...not a good combination.

[quote user="Canary Island"]This is a very naughty and very provocative post![/quote]I''ve heard they call him "The Messier" up there Waveney. [:D]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s struggling it seems without Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa to put his thoughts and philosophies onto the pitch through training. He hardly ever took training apparently whilst here, I bet he''s having to now. Shay Given the GK to train a load of outfield players and a hot headed Roy Keane...not a good combination.[/quote]

Keane left before Christmas Mrs.M.

So did Shay Given I think Barclay if I''m not mistaken? They were examples.

I think we all know that Keane (a bit like Adams) that he did not resign by his own accord.

I''ve seen Andy Marshall sat next to him at a couple of recent games. When has Marshall suddenly been the ''go to'' man for all things Premier League football?

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 14/01/2015 8:13 PM:

Are there subtle differences between a copper''s thumb, as opposed to say, a Fireman''s thumb?

------------------------------

Apart from the burning sensation....no.

Interesting to note the glaring similarities between what the Villa fans are levelling at Lambert and what so many were aiming at Hughton.

The lack of plan B, the 38 0-0 draw philosophy etc.

Having had both manage our club, we''d all be pretty adamant that there was no comparison between the two but two totally independent sets of supporters come up with the same complaints about the two men.

It just makes me wonder if it is the nature of the job they are tasked with rather than anything specific about the managers. While Lambert May or may not get the sack, it will be interesting to see where he ends up next and if he is still upwardly mobile after this stint at Villa. The suspicion is that he won''t be and if no Prem club is willing to take a gamble, a Championship club could pick up a gem.

Or he could end up at Celtic.

As someone residing in the Midlands & who works with a fair fewVilla fans I can say they ain''t happy!

Seriously who would have thought that Lambert could create a more boring team than Hughton!! What ever happened to the exciting young manager whose teams played relentless attacking footie. He will be managing in the Champs next year!

I doubt they''ll sack him now, right in the middle of a transfer window, not good timing. I reckon he''ll see the season out, with the hope he keeps them up, and get rid in the summer.

Lol, sound familiar?

I see more plastics are scratching their heads, number crunching their stats and reading their tea leaves, wondering how to make sense of situations such as Paul Lambert''s at Villa.Long run footballing success is about the quality of the football above other factors such as grit, hunger, strength, determination or managerial personality. If a manager''s game plan is based around aerial punts up to a big striker then their team is not going to go very far, especially at Premier League level.Hughton and Lambert are birds of a feather in that both are afraid of playing modern football based of technique and keeping possession. Both are good at a lower level, Lambert a grade or two above Hughton, but in the Premiership they are limited by their dated brands of football.

I could see Lambert taking a club like leeds up to the premier league and that would be heartbreaking, also a very similar job to what he did with us. Here''s hoping that Celtic require him!

"You reap what you sow" as the saying goes.

Lambert got above his station just a little early IMHO and is now paying the price.

Would I want him back at our club? No, that ship has sailed now and it would probably end in another failure for him.

It''s a shame really because he was probably the best manager we had had in many years and another season or two he may have become the most wanted man in Europe but sadly he blew it at the first opportunity and walked the(managerial) plank.

Will he last the season at Villa, NO!! Will he be in a decent job in 12 months time, NO!!

Thanks Paul but your golden goose just laid a copper egg and good riddance.

I dont know and frankly neither do I care. I support Norwich City and couldnt care less about a team from Birmingham who operate in the Premier league. Lambert did a superb job for the club but he decided to move on and leave.The moment he left I ceased to care about him. He is not the manager of our club and not our concern. We are in a different league to Villa and have just appointed a new manager to hopefully lead a successful promotion campaign back to the Premier League either direct or via the play off route. Lets forget about the past, not worry about teams from other cities and other leagues, who we no longer play and concentrate upon getting behind our club, our manager and our team and give them the support they need to achieve their potential.It really is time people got their priorities right and forgot about the past and concentrated upon the present and what the future can bring. I thought this was a forum about Norwich City.

I must try sitting down with some jew''s soon and saying "forget the past, it''s all irrelevant now". If we forget the past then we become doomed to repeat it. Meoww

I guess I must be one of the few that thinks that Lambert is a victim of directions from above rather than from a lack of ability.Look at when he first went to Villa, he tried to follow the same mantra that he''d applied with us, remove the older ''dead wood'', bring in young, hungry players for future and try to build something for the long term. The problem was that the Villa fans and the Villa board weren''t willing to wait and they wanted instant results whilst also expecting he could do that whilst under much tighter financial reins than any of his predecessors had been put under.Subsequently as a reaction to his first season with them, he ended up seemingly being pressured into signing more well known ''proven'' players (e.g. Joe Cole, Senderos et al) and trying to play a more solid, less attacking game and they''ve simply stagnated and looked overly defensive because of it.Let''s also not forget that he lost Benteke for a long time which undoubtedly caused a serious headache upfront, much like us losing Holt for 6-8 months would have done.It would appear to me from the outside that Lerner lost his nerve when the fans started getting on Lambert''s back (even though Lambert was doing as ordered and trying to cut massively overpaid players from the wage bill) and now finds himself in an increasingly untenable situation which WILL lead to Lambert being sacked sooner rather than later IMHO.At times a manager is only as good as the board and fans that support them, and if you lose one of these you''re in trouble - lose both and you''re dead in the water...

[quote user="Canarycat"]I dont know and frankly neither do I care. I support Norwich City and couldnt care less about a team from Birmingham who operate in the Premier league. Lambert did a superb job for the club but he decided to move on and leave.The moment he left I ceased to care about him. He is not the manager of our club and not our concern. We are in a different league to Villa and have just appointed a new manager to hopefully lead a successful promotion campaign back to the Premier League either direct or via the play off route. Lets forget about the past, not worry about teams from other cities and other leagues, who we no longer play and concentrate upon getting behind our club, our manager and our team and give them the support they need to achieve their potential.It really is time people got their priorities right and forgot about the past and concentrated upon the present and what the future can bring. I thought this was a forum about Norwich City.[/quote]An intersting perspective here. You never watch any other football matches...ever? You never join in conversations at work/the pub about last night''s match[es] or give your opinions on what is going on with other clubs? You focus solely on NCFC or teams in the Championship and your thoughts never, ever wander to the broader football world?Intriguing...Frankly, I do find it interesting to compare how a previous employee of our fine club fares when he moves on. It broadens my perspective on his relative performances and achievements here and it gives me things to talk about with people who [gasp!] don''t support NCFC.I''m a bit surprised at your assertion that you are not interested, seeing as you bothered to read the thread and took the time and effort to compose a fairly lengthy contribution to a subject you couldn''t care less about.

It does seem that Villa is a managers grave yard - dating back to the potential england manager john gregory - and probably before that.

Something toxic there - seems to me the fans think the club is bigger than it truly is.