Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

Old Norwich City Programmes

Does anyone have the programme for the Norwich City vs West Brom home game from the 1995-1996 season. The reason I am asking because I am trying to find out which player wore number 14 in that match.

Eadie and Cureton scored for Norwich. But from the video footage I can''t identify who is wearing number 14. The player number wearing Number 14 got the assist for Jamie Cureton''s goal. I know back in those days shirt numbers used to get swapped around with other players. Players used to be given a number on the day of the game.

The programme wouldn''t answer this for you as they would not know a few days prior to the game who the subs will be. You will need a programme from AFTER this fixture so you can look back at the stats page to see who the named sub (no 14) was.

Ohh I can help with this (kind of)!Luckily I''m sorting through loads of my stuff as I''m moving home soon and I have the 1996-97 Handbook which has all the stats for the 95-96 season.  The player wearing no. 14 that day wasn''t a sub as the 3 subs were Bradshaw (no. 5), Cureton (no. 9) and Johnson (no. 10).  The only other mention of no. 14 in the season comes next to John Polston, but he also wore a few different numbers that season.  No one else wore no. 14 though.To me from watching the video on YouTube it looks like Mike Milligan, I might be wrong though.Starting line up that day was:Gunn, Prior, Ullathorne, Crook, Polston, Newman, Adams, Fleck, Scott, Milligan, EadieAttendance was 14,667.Interestingly a season ticket throughout the ground for 96/97 cost £210.

I do happen to have the Norwich City handbook for 1995-96 - but there is no record of who got the assist for Cureton''s goal in the match report. But I think it is one of those mysteries I won''t be able to solve unless I had the programme. You may be right - it could have been Milligan - but obviously there is no obvious individual because of the poor camera angle and lack of commentary.

Andy Johnson wore no 14 he came on for Milligan who wore no 10.

All as page 439 of Centenary edition of Canary Citizens

I have the programme for West Brom on 20th April 1996. I can also confirm that the team line up that has previously been mentioned seems right as per the marvelous book by Rob Hadgraft. It''s the next week''s programme that is more help. This was against Watford on 27th April. It shows the team line up in the stats section for the previous game against West Brom , and shows Andy Johnson as 14. He came on as sub for Milligan (who wore 10).  It looks as though Johnson was returning from injury as he missed a few games prior and was sub that day. Hope that helps. [:D]

[quote user="MrFruit"]Andy Johnson wore no 14 he came on for Milligan who wore no 10.

All as page 439 of Centenary edition of Canary Citizens[/quote]...and it took me so long to nip out , find the programme, type it all up and carried away remembering what a carp season that was, that Mr Fruit nips in and steals the limelight [:D]