Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Saturday.......

Could go with the same team, minus Howson, but with him out, Bassong back in the fold - Turner will probably still be ahead of Bassong, but if he impresses this week.......

I know AN favours a 4141, so how about -

Ruddy Whittaker Martin Bassong  Ollson                       TetteyRedmond   O''Neill  Johnson  Lafferty                      Jerome                        

subs - Rudd, Vadis, Murphy, Hooper, Wes, Turner

4-4-1-1

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Turner

CB. Bassong

RB. Martin

LM. Johnson

CM. Tettey

CM. Hoolahan

RM. Redmond

AM. Hooper

ST. Jerome

4-4-1-1

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Turner

CB. Bassong

RB. Martin

LM. Johnson

CM. Tettey

CM. Vadis

RM. Redmond

AM. Hooper

ST. Jerome

Subs: Rudd, Whittaker, Cuellar, O''Neil, Murphy, Lafferty, Grabban

LDC,

Given how well the team did last week, new manager or not I suspect he may well keep a very similar side. Obviously no Howson so, if fit it could be an opportunity for Vadis.

I wouldn''t have thought there would be too many changes, all said and done apart from the Reading game (the cup game whilst a strong team was not the ''normal'' team) the team had been on a decent run, P6, W4, D1, L1, with some strong performances in there and goals. I suspect there may be tweaks but his strength may be in making changes throughout the game if required.

I have no idea how AN will have us lining up; I suspect it wont be very different from the side that has just beaten the league leaders.

If he goes go 4141 I would expect to see Wes replacing Howson (with hooper probably missing out) while if we go 442 I would expect O''Neil to come in (wes, redmond and two strikers unlikely to be solid enough)

As far as bassong is concerned the comments were that he needs to pick his fitness up - so dont think he will start on saturday.

Where is cuellar on his recovery to fitness?

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

O''Neil

Redmond Tettey Johnson Lafferty

Hooper

Jerome

I think Whittaker and Redmond on the same side is a recipe for disaster, just nowhere near enough defensive stability. And Lafferty also provides some defensive cover if Olsson goes bombing forward

GK: Ruddy

LB: Olsson

CB: Bassong

CB: Turner

RB: Martin

LM: Johnson

CM: Tettey

CM: O''Neill

RM: Redmond

ST: Hooper

ST: Jerome

Bench:

Rudd

Whittaker (If over illness?)

E.Bennett (If fit?)

Vadis

Hoolahan

Lafferty

Grabban

[quote user="Ray"]LDC,

Given how well the team did last week, new manager or not I suspect he may well keep a very similar side. Obviously no Howson so, if fit it could be an opportunity for Vadis.

I wouldn''t have thought there would be too many changes, all said and done apart from the Reading game (the cup game whilst a strong team was not the ''normal'' team) the team had been on a decent run, P6, W4, D1, L1, with some strong performances in there and goals. I suspect there may be tweaks but his strength may be in making changes throughout the game if required.[/quote]

Fair enough, Ray.  I hadn''t picked up on Bassong needing to get fitness, just putting my limited knowledge to a team that may be our best (imo) if all players are fit and on form. Agree that it may be sensible to keep things similar to last week and make changes gradually.  Of our players, though and given that AN seems to like 4141, the team I put is what I would like to see.

I agree with Ray, I don''t see many changes being made other than the enforced one for Howson.

Would be a bit daft to change a winning team, just for the sake of it.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m confident Wes will be back...
[/quote]

And if Alex Neil follows the tradition of every new Norwich City manager he''ll try him on the left wing for a while before realising that isn''t a good idea.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

And if Alex Neil follows the tradition of every new Norwich City manager he''ll try him on the left wing for a while before realising that isn''t a good idea.

[/quote]

lol[:D]

O''Neill for Howson only change. Too early for Seb. Whittaker will play as RB Neil will have been impressed as SW a Scottish RB until he knows better. Martin will be CB until Neil aware RM not the best same reason as SW.

[quote user="pete"]O''Neill for Howson only change. Too early for Seb. Whittaker will play as RB Neil will have been impressed as SW a Scottish RB until he knows better. Martin will be CB until Neil aware RM not the best same reason as SW.[/quote]

With this manager I think its plain he is going to demand best performances from the players or they will be in danger of losing their place in the team with this squad.  Adams didn''t do that and let players who played badly or below form play week after week.  Martin has stiff competition for his place now Bassong is back.  He will have to do well to stay as CB.   Personally I think he''ll do it and be CB for the rest of the season.  Whittaker will imo keep his place as long as the team are doing well as a whole.

the problem is players don''t stay in those formationsthey appear to be moving about all over the place, chasing opponents, getting into space, attacking, defendingagainst B''mouth (on the highlights) at 2.04 the players are in a 5 1 4 formation and a 10 seconds later when the B''mouth players shoots it is a 6-1-3 formation with Jerome as the 1...... !wasn''t he supposed to be the ''one on top''even our second goal has Johnson running past Jerome as does Hooper, meaning we were playing two on top with Jerome out of placeeven when we kick off you would think that the players would be in formation, but no there are three on the topmaybe that is why poor old Hughton failed, as try as he might to keep players in their proper places, they did keep running about all over the pitch

can''t believe people are suggesting breaking up the Jerome/Hooper partnership?....even moreso in a home game??

....don''t buy Bassong not being fit either....he''s only missed a couple of weeks of football, he played constantly for the 3 months prior to that.

... Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond O''Neil Tettey Johnson (desparately need to sign a left sided midfielder this month)

Jerome Hooper

Rudd,Whittaker,Vadis-Odjidge,Hoolahan,Murphy,Lafferty,Grabban

Maybe Alex will fancy himself a debut to fill in for Howson? We did technically signed him as a player...

So far of those who have actually listed a team, 5 of 6 have included Seb.

IMO I would be surprised if he was put straight in, if AN wants to test Seb''s attitude and allegiance to the club, then I suspect he would at best be on the bench and possibly not even in the squad and see what sort of reaction he gets from him at training next week.

He may of course not want to test his attitude, which may mean he does go straight in, or from what he has seen of him he may not even consider him to be one of our top 3 CB''s.

Can''t see any changes to the defence. Probably O''Neil in for Howson. I think it''d be pretty hard to leave out Jerome or Hooper meaning a 4 man midfield.

Or he could maybe look to play someone else from the left and bring Johnson central.

O''Neil in for Howson, Vadis and Bassong on the bench. Hooper and Jerome scored last time and won''t be dropped. Will be interesting to see who quickly Neil brings the youngsters into the squad and if he''s prepared to play a system which includes Wes.

AN has only had a week to look at and assess the players and that following one view of their abilities in a good away win at the league leaders.

I suspect he will go as is and we will start to see changes to the team selection in a couple of weeks time should he feel them appropriate.

I agree with Ray re Bassong, I doubt he would be brought straight back into the starting lineup, I don''t think that would sit too well with the current first choice centre backs.

Unless, of course, he has earned the place in training this week. But his return could also prompt a few others to up their game too.

For me though, too soon for Seb.

Bassong did not want to know and let the club down with if attitude last season and this season. Get rid of troublemakers otherwise they bring the others down

lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/01/2015 3:42 PM:

"I know AN favours a 4141"

You know??? Funnily enough, 4-2-3-1 is the formation he played 19 times out of 24 matches this season.

Whittaker was useless last week - admittedly sick, but that''s barely an excuse, he shouldn''t have played at all. I suspect he''ll be dropped with Martin hopefully where he should be at RB, either Bassong or Miquel coming in alongside Turner depending on fitness.

Other than that, same lineup with Neill probably trying Wes in place of Howson; Darth Vadis on the bench and will likely get the last half hour to prove his fitness.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/01/2015 3:42 PM:

"I know AN favours a 4141"

You know??? Funnily enough, 4-2-3-1 is the formation he played 19 times out of 24 matches this season.[/quote]

"I know" as in the sense "I know because that is what I have read about his favoured formation".    He may well use other formations - but I have read from several places he likes a single defensive fulcrum in midfield.   We shall see.