Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Was Cardiff's (Almost) comeback a blessing?

Anyone else agree that Cardiff getting two goals back could actually be a good thing?

If the game had finished 3-0, and having won at Bournemouth, there could be danger of the players getting complacent with the arrival of AN.

Perhaps those two goals and the pressure of the second half will be a reminder that we still have to keep focus, and that the gaffer''s arrival won''t instantly mean winning every game.

We''ll see

[quote user="Canary1902"]Anyone else agree that Cardiff getting two goals back could actually be a good thing?

If the game had finished 3-0, and having won at Bournemouth, there could be danger of the players getting complacent with the arrival of AN.

Perhaps those two goals and the pressure of the second half will be a reminder that we still have to keep focus, and that the gaffer''s arrival won''t instantly mean winning every game.

We''ll see[/quote]

Sounds a bit similar to the Bolton game (which I was at).  A good first half, switch off a bit and let the other team in.  Surely the players just need to keep the intensity going?   Hopefully, AN will address this.

At least AN now knows what he''s up against & where the problems are.One good thing though is that appears to be lucky - under Adams, who was mainly unlucky, we would have lost that game today.

[quote user="Canary1902"]Anyone else agree that Cardiff getting two goals back could actually be a good thing?

We''ll see[/quote]

Sounds a bit similar to the Bolton game (which I was at).  A good first half, switch off a bit and let the other team in.  Surely the players just need to keep the intensity going?   Hopefully, AN will address this.

We''ll see[/quote]

I wouldnt say its a good thing - It does again highlight the problems in the centre of defence but does take the shine off of what should and could have been a great home debut....

I think its important to focus on the the good rather than dwell on the negative...

I dare say there will be a few backsides getting kicked after the 90 minutes.. No need for that be be a close call and sitting back would not have been the message at half time...

Sounds a bit similar to the Bolton game (which I was at).  A good first half, switch off a bit and let the other team in. 

Surely the players just need to keep the intensity going?   Hopefully, AN will address this.

Hopefully he will address the centre half problem. Greg Downs has just said we haven''t addressed the CH position since the Mackay and Fleming days. Can''t disagree with him. Also says the problem is with pace in that position and Huth wouldn''t change that. Can''t disagree with him. Question is .....who do we go for to play CH who has pace.

I like the kid Blackett at Man It''s. Out of contact at season end and not likely to be a fixture at Old Trafford. Young strong and quick.

Any others ????????

Johnny Stump wrote the following post at 17/01/2015 5:37 PM:

Does anyone know if Lakey was at the Bolton game?

I dont think he goes to many games because its too expensive, why, did he say he was there?

Sounds a bit similar to the Bolton game (which I was at). A good first half, switch off a bit and let the other team in.

Surely the players just need to keep the intensity going? Hopefully, AN will address this.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Does anyone know if Lakey was at the Bolton game?[/quote]Yes i think he was. If i remember right he reckoned it was a good first half but we switched off at half time and let the other team back in.

This does all sound a bit similar to the Bolton game (which I was at). A good first half, switch off a bit and let the other team in.

Surely the players just need to keep the intensity going? Hopefully, AN will address this.

I will address this Surely.

just need to keep the intensity going first half.

and the players ?

let the other Bolton team in.

does This all sound a bit similar to the switch off?

a bit.

A good game (which Hopefully AN was at) ,.,.

Did anyone manage to get to the Bolton game? This was sooooo similar. I had a terrible time there, I had some moaning tw@t sat next to me bleating on and on about the cost of canary player etc etc the bloody immigrant was banging on and on about how he can''t pick up radio Norfolk on his laptop and his streams are hit and miss and the weather wasn''t the best, the crowd were to loud for him. Next thing you know he was telling me just how far his trip home was and so he had to leave 10mins before the end to "beat the rush"

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canary1902"]Anyone else agree that Cardiff getting two goals back could actually be a good thing?

We''ll see[/quote]

[/quote]

If you''d have been at that game you''d have noticed as we were 2-0 up. Neil adams decided to change the game by bringing 2 subs on that gave Bolton the upper hand.

Today was just smash and grab for Cardiff twice that was all.