Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

McGeehan

2 goals on his debut! Really pleased, looked a very good prospect in the youth cup run and imo our best player in that side. If he fulfills his potential we have potentially a really good midfielder.

Everyone''s a manager, so here''s a potential problem.

If you were the Cambridge manager, and after that performance by McGeehan, would you start him against Man Utd in the Cup on Friday?

I wouldn''t my self, I would reward the players that got to that stage (obviously allowing for a fully fit squad)

As a manager there''s no room for sentimentality

You play the best team for the game in front of you, so if that team involves cam then so be it.simple

I would agree under normal circumstances, but as it is in a competition they are not going to win, and their players may never get the chance again, and thinking of things like future motivation after McGeehan leaves, and a perceived ''lack of trust'' in the players that have got Cambridge to this position, then I would leave him out of the starting team.

Here''s another conundrum. If Cam plays against ManUre and he impresses, such that Van Gaal puts in an offer, would you be happy for him to be sold? I''d prefer he sees out more of his education at Carra and Colney.