Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

A picture paints a thousand words

I''m so excited by what this guy is going to bring! I also love that pic:

Eddie Howe: What''s going on? We normally play our game and win!? This team have out-worked us and have more quality than us...what do we do?

Alex Neil: Keep calm lads, we''ve got our gameplan spot on, don''t give them an inch, keep working and we''ll win!

I love the contrasting look of a confident, assured man next to a bewildered guy who looks out of ideas and accepting of defeat

It is a gutsy call in anyones book to leave both strikers on when going down to ten men.Reminds me of someone from way back.Hmm, now what was his name?

That last sentence is spot on darth!!

He looks a wee bit like Douglas Carswell to me.

As far as first days in the office go he couldn''t of had a better one. 14 games unbeaten us down to 10 men and tactically he played an utter blinder. Fair play to the bloke. There can''t be a single negative today!!!

TOP TWO HERE WE COME!!!!!!

[quote user="ricardo"]It is a gutsy call in anyones book to leave both strikers on when going down to ten men.Reminds me of someone from way back.Hmm, now what was his name?[/quote]

And then bring on a third Rickyyyyy.

I''m sure the bright young thing in the Bournemouth tech area was confused and obviously didn''t have enough about him in the time available to counteract what happened.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]It is a gutsy call in anyones book to leave both strikers on when going down to ten men.Reminds me of someone from way back.Hmm, now what was his name?[/quote]

And then bring on a third Rickyyyyy.

I''m sure the bright young thing in the Bournemouth tech area was confused and obviously didn''t have enough about him in the time available to counteract what happened.

[/quote]Reminds me of some of Lambert''s outrageous decisions that more often than not seemed to come off.A great start anyway, hopefully we have turned that corner at long last.

My feeling has been that there has been no passion from the bench since Lambert left and from what we witnessed today it looks like that is back!

Not letting the opposition either out think us or make us play to their tune. Genius.Doing that is all about confidence in your own and your teams ability. Precisely where we have fallen down in the last two and a half years.

Different game, different picture. Phelan, hardly the image of enthusiasm, inspiration or passion[img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.3920963.1421518137!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg[/img]

That latest pic can only mean one thing Mike Phelan will not be here for much longer. I sit some distance away but I cannot recall Mike leaving his seat throughout the match.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Different game, different picture. Phelan, hardly the image of enthusiasm, inspiration or passion

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.3920963.1421518137!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I agree - he looks totally hacked off!

Mind you, Gary Holt doesn''t look very enthused either...

[quote user="Making Plans"]Different game, different picture. Phelan, hardly the image of enthusiasm, inspiration or passion

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.3920963.1421518137!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I sit right next to the dug out, Mike Phelan barely moved out of his seat the whole game, I looked in his direction many times during the game and he looked dis engaged the whole game. AN got very animated in the 2nd half, threw his drink bottle down in anger and really gave Murphy a mouthful to his face at one stage, although poor Josh was really shocking today, time will tell.

Phelan looks like Darth Vader without the mask (end of Return of the Jedi)

It is possible AN wants to be the single voice the players hear rather than all three being shouty?

The players and staff might find things a little different under a manager like this one.   A few hair dryer sessions and home truths will hopefully wake up a few of the cossetted, befuddled and comfortable  existences out there.  Don''t think Hughton would have been good at laying it on the line, Adams I get the impression would have got angry generally without the nature to single out players.  

I hope this manger shakes them all up a bit and gets a positive reaction and if he feels his coaches aren''t pro-active enough, then they might find themselves out of a job.  I don'' think that will be a problem with Holty and Phelan though - after all, a coach''s main job is on the training pitch and as long as they are doing the right things there, no problem. Their job at matches I would suggest is to monitor performances, assess players and observe how their coaching methods are reflected on the pitch.   So one would hope to see avid concentration rather than emotion.

Leave the emotion and passion to the manager - this one seems to have plenty of that.....

Phalan is acting in virtually the same way as when Adams was here. He always stays pretty much rooted to his seat, only getting up and giving advice to Adams when tactical changes or subs were imminent. It came across as very much a teacher and student relationship with Adams.

AN, as he has said, is very much his own man with his own ideas. I would hope he listens to Phelan and his wealth of experience but it''s good to see a true leader at the side of the pitch.